How is it possible that Quintana has bad luck this long

bmags

Theories welcome. I'm at a loss. Hard to enjoy someone that never results in wins, I hate our offense for it, but we're on like 100% turnover now.

Edit: not anti Q, just flabbergasted by this

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 10:07 PM)
The only thing I can think of is the players know what's going on with him and they start pressing to try to get him some runs...which only seems to make things worse.

Mark

I think that's probably the case.

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jun 18, 2016 -> 05:09 AM)
I think that's probably the case.

It's uncanny how many runners the Sox leave on base. Looked like we were going to steal this game late for Q, but they stranded Avi after his clutch hit. Not sure why Anderson was trying to bunt for a hit instead of concentrating on bashing a single to give the Sox the lead. This series has the feel of an easy Cleveland sweep.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 18, 2016 -> 05:37 AM)
As Stone said, if he got it down, with the defensive positioning at that time...it was a sure run.

But yeah, it put him down in the hole 0-2 and that was all she wrote.

And Frazier continues to be a dead zone in the line-up.

I don't know how guys miss on so many bunt attempts. I just wish our guys would stop bunting until further notice.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 18, 2016 -> 06:55 AM)
http://www.southsidesox.com/2016/6/17/1196...-of-fame-plaque

Jose Quintana's future HOF plaque.

This is one of the five funniest things I've seen all year, at least White Sox-related.

Great job!!!

That is so not funny :lolhitting

I always tend to reflect on this when I think about a pitcher's won-lose record. I believe it was last season that Buehrle was given 6+ runs over 9 innings. He always seemed to get great run support. I can't believe it is always the players. I believe some is the pitcher. But this is probably one of those the pitcher can only help and probably not hurt situation.