Possible new banner

KipWellsFan

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is pretty sweet Kip, nice job.

Also, beastly, I wouldn't recommend making a Magglio one....he might not be around long enough to appreciate it.

Well all I can say is if the White Sox trade Magglio or let him go via free agency they are just stupid. But you never know with Kenny Williams "Klueless Wonder" as I like to put it is doing up there in the press booth.

Also, beastly, I wouldn't recommend making a Magglio one....he might not be around long enough to appreciate it.

Well all I can say is if the White Sox trade Magglio or let him go via free agency they are just stupid. But you never know with Kenny Williams "Klueless Wonder" as I like to put it is doing up there in the press booth.

I would not object to trading Magglio for the right price. His $14 million is alot for a player like him. He did not exactly tear it up, other than he had a very good batting average.

I used a program called Microsoft Picture It Publishing. This isn't the best program for doing this type of thing. I also used just basic paint and a trial version of a program called GIF construction set.

My high school software applications course is finally coming in handy. :lol:

And I got the different images from the internet. (matrix background and both crede images)

I would not object to trading Magglio for the right price. His $14 million is alot for a player like him. He did not exactly tear it up, other than he had a very good batting average.

He carried this team! In my opinion, if we don't have Ordonez, we don't have anything. OF would then beLee, Rowand, Borchard. Filthy, just plain stinkin Filthy OF. And besides...Magglio is SO doggone beastly.

I tried making one and it turned out all right.  If you guys want to use it you are welcome to.

The dimensions might need to be tinkered a little as I'm no expert on this type of thing.

Yeah, unfortunately, since it seems like Carlos is one of the few on the Sox with his eye on the crown, i can't see that one up much longer.

I'll probably put it up sometime in the near future. If I forget, poke me with a stick.

He carried this team! In my opinion, if we don't have Ordonez, we don't have anything. OF would then beLee, Rowand, Borchard. Filthy, just plain stinkin Filthy OF. And besides...Magglio is SO doggone beastly.

Reed whould obviously be somewhere in that equation. And if we did get rid of Maggs, which I dont see us doing, We whould get a FA, just no a calaibr player like Maggs. Someone like a Jacque Jones, which i whould LOVE HERE!!!

Excellent point. Its a good thing you reminded me of Reed. I hope he can carry this team like maggs does one day.

Carry the team, Loaiza carried the team. I don't even think Mags will get to 100 rbi's. I'm sorry, but that's not $14 million dollars. It is as much about business. Everyone wants us to sign all sorts of people who are not cheap, yet a huge chunk is taken up. I would much rather have a better defensive fielder out there. I would love Jones or Shannon Stewart types.

Carry the team, Loaiza carried the team. I don't even think Mags will get to 100 rbi's. I'm sorry, but that's not $14 million dollars. It is as much about business. Everyone wants us to sign all sorts of people who are not cheap, yet a huge chunk is taken up. I would much rather have a better defensive fielder out there. I would love Jones or Shannon Stewart types.

Shannon Stewart is pretty bad in the outfield defensively and his his arm is terrible.

I used a program called Microsoft Picture It Publishing.  This isn't the best program for doing this type of thing.  I also used just basic paint and a trial version of a program called GIF construction set.

My high school software applications course is finally coming in handy. :lol:

And I got the different images from the internet. (matrix background and both crede images)

Thats looks pretty cool.

We get rid of Ordonez, I have to ask....has anyone ever heard of Vlad Guerrero? Not only would we be able to get a s***load of stuff for Ordonez(I know San Diego has shown interest in him, and plenty of other teams would as well....the A's possibly, or the M's....etc.....we could get a few good arms and bats for Ordonez). They have a FA market for a reason.

I'd be all for building around 1 person on this team or 1 general area on the team(for instance, building around the pitching staff wouldn't be a bad idea....get a few great arms for the pen, say LaTroy Hawkins, Hasegawa, Foulke[like that'd ever happen], and then maybe Arthur Rhodes as well....though I'm pretty sure Seattle will most undoubtedly resign Hasegawa and Rhodes...resign Colon, get a #5 starter, and then worry about what we need offensively, like our lack of team speed). If it takes getting rid of all but 1 or 2 of Maggs, Thomas, Lee, and Konerko, I'd be all for it.

We get rid of Ordonez, I have to ask....has anyone ever heard of Vlad Guerrero?  Not only would we be able to get a s***load of stuff for Ordonez(I know San Diego has shown interest in him, and plenty of other teams would as well....the A's possibly, or the M's....etc.....we could get a few good arms and bats for Ordonez).  They have a FA market for a reason.

I'd be all for building around 1 person on this team or 1 general area on the team(for instance, building around the pitching staff wouldn't be a bad idea....get a few great arms for the pen, say LaTroy Hawkins, Hasegawa, Foulke[like that'd ever happen], and then maybe Arthur Rhodes as well....though I'm pretty sure Seattle will most undoubtedly resign Hasegawa and Rhodes...resign Colon, get a #5 starter, and then worry about what we need offensively, like our lack of team speed).  If it takes getting rid of all but 1 or 2 of Maggs, Thomas, Lee, and Konerko, I'd be all for it.

Yeah but will NL players work in the AL? Maybe. Its a gamble worth taking if we can get Vladmir first.

The point of getting rid of Maggs would be because of $$$.  It  wouldn't make any sense then to go right back and sign Guerrero who would cost as much or possibly more.

Vlad is a very special player. He has a higher profile then Mags too. He is also better in the field. I would much rather sign a few guys, than lock up a ton of money on guy. What would it take to sign Jones? I think another big need for our offense is a left-handed bat. We have 3 switch-hitters, but really only Carl was a power hitting lefty. Our speed is just awful. There is going to be alot of decisions over this winter. Hopefully the Sox make some good choices.

What is Jones Situation for next year. What type of FA is he. Becuase is he is just arbitration elligalbe, the Twins are going to do alot to keep him away from a Black and White Uniform.

That's what I was asking. You know the Twins don't want us having him. I would love to get him though. I think he'd be worth some decent money, within reason. How many guys do the Twins have up for arbitration this year? Anyone know? I know Hawkins and Stewart are FA's, isn't Guardado too, but what is the rest of the teams situation.

O hell ya. But i dont if i could Stomache two Big name Twins suddenly on the Sox. That whould be Tough. But i dont think either one will happen just based on the Twins point of view.

I see what you'rs saying. You never know if they would sign, many athletes now a days really only care about the money. I think it would be worse for the Twins to stomach. It would be like them getting Carlos Lee and Joe Crede or something. I think it would stick it to them if we signed there guys.