White Sox listed as one of the 5 teams better than expected

caulfield12

Sox need to suck it up and not let that horrific loss result in a 10 game losing streak. We lose 10 in a row or eight of 10 and the tank police are gonna come out again and most of the board will be rooting for losses. I personally think we are nowhere near "better than expected." This team is way worse than last years.

Well, we need something closer to the Giolito we were sold on at the time of the trade than a version throwing 88-92 (see Erik Johnson).

That said, the weather has been terrible, he can't get a very good grip on his curveball (or any consistency) and his velocity readings were supposedly much higher in ST (93-95, maybe 96).

At any rate, if Yolmer turns a double play and Giolito doesn't fumble a comebacker that should have become a DP, he would have gotten out of there with only 2 runs surrendered instead of a much uglier 5. And, of course, he needs to learn how to pitch over self-induced problems, the 4th and 5th runs scored on a 2 out base hit when they psychologically all felt they should have already been out of the inning.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 11:58 PM)
Sox need to suck it up and not let that horrific loss result in a 10 game losing streak. We lose 10 in a row or eight of 10 and the tank police are gonna come out again and most of the board will be rooting for losses. I personally think we are nowhere near "better than expected." This team is way worse than last years.

Holy hell we haven't even hit 10 games. Step back from the ledge.

QUOTE (Quin @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 10:16 PM)
Holy hell we haven't even hit 10 games. Step back from the ledge.

Yea, I was going to chime in by saying we’ll have a better idea by the end of May. No one ( in their right mind ) expected us to be competitive this season. My estimate was 72 wins before we started the season and I’ll stand by that for now.

If that’s at or near where we end up, then we’ll be up by ~5 games from last season while also having a firm grasp on the development cycle. We also should be beginning to integrate other cornerstone pieces like Eloy and a Kopech.

Greg is right in one aspect from my perspective thou - if we go on a 10 game losing streak right now, I will indeed be hoping for a 55 win year. ????????????