6/3 Brewers at White Sox, 1:10, WGN

flavum

3 hours ago, Richie said:

Based upon that he likes him personally and probably hasn't watched nearly as much White Sox baseball this year. 

I've soured on Hawk a bit since he said our team never quits. I know it's a harmless cliche but I expect better from the great hawkeroo.

3 hours ago, Richie said:

The problem is... They know people are going to want beer at a ball game (pretty much) no matter what. People pay it. 

Very true. Once they start charging like 13.50, they might as well move it to 20 bucks. People would whip out a 20 for a cold brewski or even a warm one at a MLB game.

4 hours ago, JoshPR said:

I paid 9.75 for a corona at guarantee rate field last year. I wanted to put the can in a frame and hang it on the wall

9.75 lol. Like anybody is going to want the quarter back.

5 hours ago, fathom said:

So you're saying Yoan and Covey have good games and Sox lose to Brewers?  DEAL

You guys that want to lose every game intrigue me. So you are gonna be disappointed on draft day Monday cause this is a weak draft and we get No. 4. So whereas I laugh and say, "sign greg some free agents," what's your guys' position? That it's sad we didn't lose more to get the no. 1 pick??

7 minutes ago, greg775 said:

You guys that want to lose every game intrigue me. So you are gonna be disappointed on draft day Monday cause this is a weak draft and we get No. 4. So whereas I laugh and say, "sign greg some free agents," what's your guys' position? That it's sad we didn't lose more to get the no. 1 pick??

Well if it's between having a chance at mize or seeing them win a few meaningless games and getting Singer instead.....then absolutely I want to see more losses.

22 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Very true. Once they start charging like 13.50, they might as well move it to 20 bucks. People would whip out a 20 for a cold brewski or even a warm one at a MLB game.

Like people wouldn't pay 20 bucks a beer at Allen Fieldhouse if they sold beer. Welcome to America

I used to work in the 9th hole stand at a golfcourse in Woodridge and the golfers would b**** and moan as the bottled beer was way overpriced. They paid it but it got annoying to hear the b****ing. Nobody's gonna b**** at a vendor at a ballpark. I think it wouldn't go over well since those guys usually are pouring beer after beer and fans don't wanna hear b****ing they want their beer at the ballpark. Ten bucks is a lot. You got to wonder if it will just stick at 10 bucks a year or two. 

Edited by greg775

11 minutes ago, Tony said:

I haven’t gone to a game yet this summer. Are they forcing people to buy beer now? Is there some sort of crime being committed? Or are we still playing the “Back in my day...” game?

Ten bucks is a lot for a beer. Six bucks is a lot for a dog. 20 is a lot for parking. Just.Win.Baby. if you are gonna charge that.

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

Ha... I mean, I'm sure there's a line. 20 is probably over it. 

Looks like sports team owners are determined to find out exactly where that line is, though. Maybe we're there now? If it hit 15... I'd probably have to turn it away. Just on account of having a little dignity. 45 bucks for 3 beers at a ball game. lol

Arthur Blank is making his new arenas sell concessions at reasonable prices. Maybe they do really well and it cues the rest of em.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I haven’t gone to a game yet this summer. Are they forcing people to buy beer now? Is there some sort of crime being committed? Or are we still playing the “Back in my day...” game?

Holy hyperbole... No one is saying it's a crime. No one is saying you have to buy it. In fact, multiple posters (myself included) have said they reason they keep pushing - is because the fans keep buying. 

We're simply guys who enjoy drinking a beer at a ball game, having a conversation... but thanks for your nuggets of wisdom "dad".

Edited by Richie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

I used to work in the 9th hole stand at a golfcourse in Woodridge and the golfers would b**** and moan as the bottled beer was way overpriced. They paid it but it got annoying to hear the b****ing. Nobody's gonna b**** at a vendor at a ballpark. I think it wouldn't go over well since those guys usually are pouring beer after beer and fans don't wanna hear b****ing they want their beer at the ballpark. Ten bucks is a lot. You got to wonder if it will just stick at 10 bucks a year or two. 

Yeah, maybe they get some people just surprised by the price when they reach the counter or hear it from the aisle vendor. No sense in complaining to them, though. They just pour the beer. 

Edited by Richie
  • Like 1