Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KnightsOnMintSt

7/24 Games

Recommended Posts

Robert single. He was badly fooled on that breaking pitch too, but there was a gaping hole on the right side of the infield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madrigal made good contact but it ended up being a pretty routine fly out to center.  That's still my biggest worry with him, as you hate to see his best bullets to that part of the field being routine outs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Madrigal RBI double. Kid just hits man. 

Was a really nice line drive down the RF line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weaver and Delgado both with a homer. Not banner years but I have been decently pleased with them. Treading water at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gladney 2-2.

Ivan Gonzalez is destroying AZL and Mendoza is destroying DSL. Why not move them up considering Goldfarb was a late pick and is struggling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bmags said:

Why not move them up considering Goldfarb was a late pick and is struggling?

Because Getz is the exact opposite of Buddy Bell when it comes to promotions (he is way too conservative. Bell was way too aggressive).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed Kaleb Roper's line in Great Falls tonight (retired all 12 batters he faced with 7 Ks) and thought to myself "Please don't be 23. Please don't be 23. Please don't be 23." I click on his profile. He's 23☹️

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Because Getz is the exact opposite of Buddy Bell when it comes to promotions (he is way too conservative. Bell was way too aggressive).

So fucking true.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bmags said:

Weaver and Delgado both with a homer. Not banner years but I have been decently pleased with them. Treading water at least.

I'll give you decently pleased with Delgado (although his K rate has gone up this year). Weaver is not doing much in year 2 of rookie ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, danman31 said:

I'll give you decently pleased with Delgado (although his K rate has gone up this year). Weaver is not doing much in year 2 of rookie ball.

Yeah I don’t mean to elevate them too much. But Delgado was more advanced with the bat than Weaver, who from my understanding was a complete project offensively. And he is still quite young, I think he’s on the earlier end of 19.

I don’t expect much if either but I do like he hasn’t completely crashed in pioneer league. Granted his k rate is absurd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bmags said:

I wonder if Guzman was shut down for year.

Starting today, the 25th. You had me worried for a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MnSoxFan said:

Starting today, the 25th. You had me worried for a bit. 

Well he's 16, wasn't trying to imply it was injury related. He has increased innings from 3 IP in a start to 5 IP recently but I wasn't sure if a 16 year old would go the full year because frankly we have not had any in DSL that were worth checking in on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bmags said:

Well he's 16, wasn't trying to imply it was injury related. He has increased innings from 3 IP in a start to 5 IP recently but I wasn't sure if a 16 year old would go the full year because frankly we have not had any in DSL that were worth checking in on.

Ah, I got it now. He is doing fine today. I think this is his 9th start of the season, so they may slow him down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×