It depends on your goals

BamaDoc

If you want to just get in the playoffs, we could have traded our only chips for something mediocre and snuck into the playoffs.  But this team is going no where while its "best" players aren't hitting (Lynn and Gio aren't pitching either) and are also playing apathetic and stupid baseball.  With apologies to Diekman, we did nothing.  The players were just told "you don't deserve to be helped".  Maybe this is the moment like in Major League (youngsters it's a great baseball comedy movie check it out ) where the players get pissed off and start playing baseball.  The players should be pissed off but they need to hear it from somebody even if it wasn't said directly.  You couldn't sell being three out but the way these guys are playing sucks.  I was excited two-three years ago and now I get pissed off nightly.

During a championship season you normally are pretty healthy or at least healthy for the playoffs and several guys have career years.  No hitter is having a career year and pitching wise Cease is fulfilling his potential and Cueto drank from the fountain of youth.  I will hope for the players to win and play better.  I have stuck with this damn organization since the 70's.  Play better, win, and at least raise your trade value for the off season.

"We could make the playoffs but its not like you guys are going to win anything" is a horrible message to send to your team. If you have a chance to get to the playoffs, you need to make the effort to win the playoffs in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

If you want to just get in the playoffs, we could have traded our only chips for something mediocre and snuck into the playoffs.  But this team is going no where while its "best" players aren't hitting (Lynn and Gio aren't pitching either) and are also playing apathetic and stupid baseball.  With apologies to Diekman, we did nothing.  The players were just told "you don't deserve to be helped".  Maybe this is the moment like in Major League (youngsters it's a great baseball comedy movie check it out ) where the players get pissed off and start playing baseball.  The players should be pissed off but they need to hear it from somebody even if it wasn't said directly.  You couldn't sell being three out but the way these guys are playing sucks.  I was excited two-three years ago and now I get pissed off nightly.

During a championship season you normally are pretty healthy or at least healthy for the playoffs and several guys have career years.  No hitter is having a career year and pitching wise Cease is fulfilling his potential and Cueto drank from the fountain of youth.  I will hope for the players to win and play better.  I have stuck with this damn organization since the 70's.  Play better, win, and at least raise your trade value for the off season.

I've been following them since 1952 and have managed to keep my sanity. This season has tested everyone's sanity and I say they have to do all they can to win the division because you never know what can happen in a short series, that being said we aren't close to to being real World Series contenders like the Yankees, Dodgers and Astros. Let's hope they  win the Division but in the off season the Front Office is going to have to do a re-tool.

I think Abreu has 1 more year in the tank but he should be used as DH a lot more next year, this way Vaughn can play his natural posistion at first base. Moncada is becoming a lost cause, he's just about back to the Mendoza line again but he's got that contract, somehow the F.O.has to find another team to take him off our hands. Rightfield, second base and catcher are positions that need to be addressed, give Burger a shot at 3rd. Harrison has done a pretty good job after a terrible few months of the season, I think he would make a very good utility guy and can be a late inning defensive replacement for Burger. It looks like Grandal has lost his power and is not a good catcher, he's another guy that somehow has to be moved and a decent catcher picked up. Lastly somehow JR has to come to his senses and send TLR packing. What would be even better is if JR sold the club.