MVP Baseball 2004

aboz56

Can anybody get the preview video thing to work? I click it and another window pops up but doesn't load.

I've gotten them all to work, but you need the Quicktime Player, otherwise you won't be able to watch the previews.

If the minor's system wasnt editable, the game would be like ruined. My favortie part of sports games is the player development, espcailly in baseball games. If I have to put a bunch of made of players on my team in 4 years, I will be pissed.

Hopefully that's when the draft comes in, and sum1 who is drafted has to spend at least 1 or 2 years in da minors, bf their performance warrant a call - up.

The other game that looks really sweet is All Star baseball, but also ESPN Baseball (Sega's version).

For me it will come down to ESPN and MVP though, both looks like they have some awesome features. I forget which one has a AA and AAA full with the team names and you can even play the AA and AAA games if you want. Thats probably the one I'll get.

The other game that looks really sweet is All Star baseball, but also ESPN Baseball (Sega's version).

For me it will come down to ESPN and MVP though, both looks like they have some awesome features.  I  forget which one has a AA and AAA full with the team names and you can even play the AA and AAA games if you want.  Thats probably the one I'll get.

That is MVP

Well, I've bought every All-Star Baseball that came out on teh X-Box, only to get extremely frustrated with it within a month. Seems like they never could find a decent batting interface. I'm ready to give EASports another shot. I had swore them off when they came out with the last version of Triple PLay entitled plainly "Triple Play Baseball" It was weak beyond definition. We need a good baseball game out, and the authentic minor league teams alone is a HUGE selling point to me.

A good friend of mine just started working at EA's Tiburon operation in Orlando about two months ago, and they're killing him. He's working 15-hour days trying to get this title and others out the door (Tiburon operation basically does all the EA sports titles). He lives 90 minutes from the office and has to basically strand 4 young kids including 7-month old twins with his wife for all that time. He's making an obscene amount of money though (he's heading up the group that is universalizing the front-ends core content on all the titles, and pretty much starting from the ground up), so I guess it evens out.

If the minor's system wasnt editable, the game would be like ruined. My favortie part of sports games is the player development, espcailly in baseball games. If I have to put a bunch of made of players on my team in 4 years, I will be pissed.

Even if it isn't editable, which i hope it is, it's still a major step forward considering that last year's didn't have any minor league teams, just a few extra players. I would have been happy with just AAA. Having both AAA and AA is just awesome. Hopefully next year they can work it out to have players that have never played in the majors be in the game anyways.

I told everyone here LAST YEAR, that EA had finally got it right. And once again, they've outdone themselves. Last summer I bought:

1. MVP

2. ALL-Star

3. World Series

And let me say, MVP was the best of the bunch. This year will be no excpetion, don't waste $100 like I did on the other BS.

Not sure if this game does this, but what I always thought would be cool is if your minor league teams actually played games. I know that on WSB2k3 you just have a minor league system, but they don't actually play games. Also, on WSB2k3, not only are the coaches not real, but they never get better or worse, and hitting coaches can never be promoted to manager. I assume this is something they've considered and will be done in this year's addition.

All in all, I can't wait for March 9th.

A good friend of mine just started working at EA's Tiburon operation in Orlando about two months ago, and they're killing him.  He's working 15-hour days trying to get this title and others out the door (Tiburon operation basically does all the EA sports titles).  He lives 90 minutes from the office and has to basically strand 4 young kids including 7-month old twins with his wife for all that time.  He's making an obscene amount of money though (he's heading up the group that is universalizing the front-ends core content on all the titles, and pretty much starting from the ground up), so I guess it evens out.

that would be my dream job. I'm already in my 3rd year of programming and to be able to combine that with my love of sports AND get paid for it would be unreal.

http://www.easports.com/games/mvp2004/minorleagues.jsp

Minor League players are a combination of real and fictitious players. Any player who has played even ONE game in the majors is considered a member of the MLBPA and is included in the game. We fill out the rest of the roster with fictitious players.

cool, so we'll have quite a few 'real' players in Charlotte. I wonder if Reed will be in the game though? You'd think they would make him because of his decent shot at making the Sox out of ST....but if not they'll have a roster update sooner or later