Don't expect Thomas at Soxfest

chessblues88

In my mind, UNS, no.  All that would do is create a frenzy and feed it up until Spring Training.  They want SoxFest to be a positive time for all, and allowing the media to jump all over an issue like that would just poison the whole thing.

Well it's going to feed up to ST no matter what, so I guess it doesn't matter either way because even if he did confront things at Soxfest he'd have to do it all over again in ST for the reporters who weren't there.

Frank is the easy target. Why no talk of Magglio not flying up from Miami. Frank got disrespected big time from a bigger mistake than Terry Bevington. If he wants to avoid the moron and not come to Soxfest, I don't blame him one bit.Ozzie the big mouth will prove to be the biggest managing disaster the White Sox ever had. Frank is not perfect, far from it, but was treated like crap by a guy who could even hold is jock as a player, while the other asshole, KW, was patting Ozzie on the back telling him to say even more.

let's face facts: KW and JR would be happy if Frankie left town.

They like it that Ozzie got under his skin.

They probably hope it motivates him to A) hit like a demon or B) waive his no-trade clause and beg them to make a deal.

Frank had a remarkable and fabulous run. But it's time to turn this team over to different players and personalities.

let's face facts: KW and JR would be happy if Frankie left town.

They like it that Ozzie got under his skin.

They probably hope it motivates him to A) hit like a demon or B) waive his no-trade clause and beg them to make a deal.

Frank had a remarkable and fabulous run. But it's time to turn this team over to different players and personalities.

actually its time to turn the front office over to new personnel ;)

Actually, maybe it's best that Frank DOESN'T show up. That convention is already going to be filled with a lot of pissed off and angry fans as it is, and that convention will be filled with a LOT of negativity. Frank would just add to that, which we don't need.

It would be like adding a flaming log to a forest fire. No thanks!

I don't know if you said it or not - I was away in YOUR neck of the woods the last week. By the way, Alabama is a lot prettier than I ever thought. Seeing the "Waffle House" restaurant chain was a sight for sore eyes. I haven't been there in 25 years. And yes, I had the apple waffles with powdered sugar and syrup. Mmmmm.

I don't know if you said it or not - I was away in YOUR neck of the woods the last week.  By the way, Alabama is a lot prettier than I ever thought.  Seeing the "Waffle House" restaurant chain was a sight for sore eyes.  I haven't been there in 25 years.  And yes, I had the apple waffles with powdered sugar and syrup.  Mmmmm.

Where were you past??

You are correct that certain parts of Alabama are beautiful. I was very surprised when I moved here. The terrain is full of trees and rolling hills and everything is very well landscaped. When you get very far south of Birmingham, things change until you get to the beach at the Gulf. But Birmingham and Huntsville are both very nice areas.

Rex,

I wanted to take a small trip before school started, so we flew into New Orleans, picked up a car, and then headed through Mississippi up to Montgomery, AL (where I had hoped to meet up with my Aunt, but she had died 6 months ago and no one told my family - not a nice way to start the trip, I'll tell you). Well anyways, we then went down to Mobile for a day, and then drove to Biloxi, MS for two days, and then back to New Orleans for 2 days. Great food down there - especially the crawfish and mussels.

I love the ocean, and I love riverboat slot machines, so I was a happy camper. I liked New Orleans (especially all the women flashing their goodies), but since I don't drink anymore, I didn't have the "drunken fun" that I used to. When I was in Alabama, I drove on I-65, which starts down there and literally goes all the way up through the country and ends near my house here in Indiana. It looks different there, though.

I had a good time, but lost $75 at the Imperial Palace - my poker skills aren't what they used to be. :bang

Still sounds like a fun trip. Bourbon Street is a very, very bad place. Good thing you don't drink anymore. I was just down there for 4 days in December and didn't get back to my hotel earlier than 3 am any of the nights, and one night it was 5:30 am!

Wish I would have known you were going, I could suggested a few places to check out.

Let's see now:

Frank needs to STFU

Ozzie needs to STFU

Yet, I didn't see a quote by either one of them in that article.

Lighten up people!

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Espesially Ozzie, they need to check the ego at the door, or this year is going to be a really long one.