Potential trade with braves...

southsideirish

Just wondering. A friend of mine told me about this earlier today and says that he knows someone in the know. I am just taking this for what it is worth, but checking to see if anyone else has heard anything like this. Supposedly a deal with Atlanta involving at least Rowand for Estrada. There may be more players involved, but that is all I can remember from what my friend told me. Please give me any feedback if you have heard anything about this. I have been searching the net all day trying to find something significant to back this up, however I can't.

It would make sense for why Kenny traded away Olivo and why Rowand has been getting so much playing time though.

i would love that deal. hows estrada's contract

That's the thing, he's young and cheap and their catcher of the future with this being his first full season. The guy is a stud. Highly touted prospect who, beside monetary demands, pushed Javey out of ATL. He's also performing this season with a good average, good D, and clutch already. I have absolutely no idea why they would want to dump Estrada. He's the Joe Mauer of the Braves org.

Rowand's getting so much playing time because he f***ing deserves it.

I have no problem with that. But Rowand went from being a part time player to lpaying just about full time. Willie was hitting good as well, so there really was no reason to make him full time.

Again I have no problem with Rowand, sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way The Cheat.

That's the thing, he's young and cheap and their catcher of the future with this being his first full season.  The guy is a stud.  Highly touted prospect who, beside monetary demands, pushed Javey out of ATL.  He's also performing this season with a good average, good D, and clutch already.  I have absolutely no idea why they would want to dump Estrada.  He's the Joe Mauer of the Braves org.

Umm, he is 28. 3 years older than Olivo and 1 year older than Ben Davis. His first full year in the majors came a little late. I don't think he is comparable to Joe Mauer, but ok.

I have a hard time believing that the Braves would want to deal Estrada. Player for player it works for us, but our outfield really can't afford to lose Rowand. When Maggs gets healthy that leaves us with Lee, Maggs, and Timo as our everyday outfield. No go on dealing Rowand unless we are going to get Andruw Jones in that deal.