Ready For The Season

tonyho7476

In preparation for opening day, I went and ordered a Buerhle jersey to be worn on opening day. Also, hooked up the girlfriend with a Paulie Konerko. Also, bought a Sox hat for a Cubs fan I am taking to the game. He is fed up with his team, so we're trying to convert him, via a Club Level Opening Day Game. Hopefully I can bring this lost Jedi back from the darkside. :gosox1:

I'm going to try and get my dad to actually get me a Sox jersey when he's in Arizona in May which'll be pretty cool to have. The only piece of Sox merchandise I have now is a really old yucky black hat that has no resemblence of the Sox logo on it whatsoever.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 09:28 AM)
I think you meant that your friend is on the darkside.. and now you are using the Jedi ways to bring him back to the good side of the force...

Congrats on the jerseys.. How much do they charge over there?  I am looking into getting a couple myself.

Nice rewording...

As for the Jerseys, the Konerko was $189...the Buerhle was $129. I guess because the Buerhle is the normal, all white home jersey, and the Konerko was the home white, with black sleeves. Things there are expensive, no doubt. But, that is due to the them being official MLB Clothes. If you get clothese that are not part of the 'Cooperstown Collection', they are cheaper.

I wanted to buy so much stuff yesterday. Its the best place for Sox stuff, hands down.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
dude sox fans are the darkside of the force.... and were proud of it! obi wan kneobi can take his lightsaber shove it up his ass side ways.... f*** him.

Whatever way you look at it, he's on the wrong side of the force. It was funny how we were sitting in a bar trying to find the last person to invite to the game, and this guy goes 'I'll go'. And lately he's been saying he's done with baseball, because the Cubs have pissed him off. So I think we have a guy we can convert. Once he has a good time at the Cell, he'll be switching sides.

I'm going to have to agree with him...I've always viewed Sox fans as the 'sith', because we have the cooler uniforms, attitude, and the southside is deemed the 'evil' side of the axis of power in Chicago, and our colors are better, regardless of what they claim with their 1980's American flag colors.

As said to Darth Vader in Ep. III, "Hate, has made you powerful."

-y2

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 08:34 AM)
Whatever way you look at it, he's on the wrong side of the force.  It was funny how we were sitting in a bar trying to find the last person to invite to the game, and this guy goes 'I'll go'.  And lately he's been saying he's done with baseball, because the Cubs have pissed him off.  So I think we have a guy we can convert.  Once he has a good time at the Cell, he'll be switching sides.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
Greasy, those Thomas jerseys are badass. How much are they approx in American dollars so I can plan ahead money wise?  :)

http://www.hr-derby.com/bigleagues.php

I just found them on this site. They're $179 US.

I'm happy with that price; that's $20 cheaper than the price of an authentic jersey on MLB.com.

Nice rewording...

As for the Jerseys, the Konerko was $189...the Buerhle was $129.  I guess because the Buerhle is the normal, all white home jersey, and the Konerko was the home white, with black sleeves.  Things there are expensive, no doubt. But, that is due to the them being official MLB Clothes.  If you get clothese that are not part of the 'Cooperstown Collection', they are cheaper.

I wanted to buy so much stuff yesterday.  Its the best place for Sox stuff, hands down.

I am going there, MJH always talk about that one place out in the burbs.. they wanted 200 I think or more for them.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 08:25 AM)
In preparation for opening day, I went and ordered a Buerhle jersey to be worn on opening day.  Also, hooked up the girlfriend with a Paulie Konerko.  Also, bought a Sox hat for a Cubs fan I am taking to the game.  He is fed up with his team, so we're trying to convert him, via a Club Level Opening Day Game.  Hopefully I can bring this lost Jedi back from the darkside. :gosox1:

your girlfriend hooked up with PK?

I'm going to have to agree with him...I've always viewed Sox fans as the 'sith', because we have the cooler uniforms, attitude, and the southside is deemed the 'evil' side of the axis of power in Chicago, and our colors are better, regardless of what they claim with their 1980's American flag colors.

As said to Darth Vader in Ep. III, "Hate, has made you powerful."

-y2

See this is where I would have to disagree with you.. We call the Yankees the "Evil Empire" Correct? The Cubs are the NL version of that, we are the good side of the force.

See you are looking at this from the current version of the movies.. I am looking at it from EP. IV-VI.. The Jedi are small, but come out in force in time to take what is rightfully theirs.

How big of geeks are we, that we are arguing, Star Wars on a baseball message board!

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)
See this is where I would have to disagree with you.. We call the Yankees the "Evil Empire" Correct? The Cubs are the NL version of that, we are the good side of the force.

See you are looking at this from the current version of the movies.. I am looking at it from EP. IV-VI.. The Jedi are small, but come out in force in time to take what is rightfully theirs.

How big of geeks are we, that we are arguing, Star Wars on a baseball message board!

Which team is the equivalent of this then?

jar_jar_binks.jpg

Going back, Ep4-6 are for children. I'm going to stake the Sox on Ep3, and we ARE the dark side of the force...in Chicago.

The Yankees don't even matter...old news.

-y2

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 09:27 AM)