Game thread 4-19 Sox .vs. Twinkees

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
I'm impressed by his hitting, but have I missed any talk about how slow Iguchi looks?..

I agree. He doesn't look very "fleet of foot." There's been many balls hit in the hole that he could have beaten out. :huh

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 01:49 AM)
I agree.  He doesn't look very "fleet of foot."  There's been many balls hit in the hole that he could have beaten out. :huh

It's his first season on natural grass. Why not give the guy more than a few weeks to judge him?

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)
Lets hope it's not another case where Ozzie's one batter too late......again.

You know, it's not like most of the time bringing in a reliever will necessarily stop a run from being scored...

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
WOW!  Amazing job by Hernandez to get out of these jams.  Why can't Timo use two hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He hasn't dropped anything. Does it really matter as long as he gets the job done?

When you are playing with friends or playing catch do you always use two hands? It isn't like it guarantees a catch or something.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 01:52 AM)
You know, it's not like most of the time bringing in a reliever will necessarily stop a run from being scored...

I totally agree with that, but when a hitter is seeing a pitcher for the 4th time in a game, and the pitcher is tiring, then it's usually a better bet to go to the fresh pitcher who the batter hasn't seen that game. It just seemed like last year, the starting pitcher for the Sox always seemed to give up a hit to his last batter in a big situation.

I am running at least one batter behind everyone else becasue I have to use MLB game day. I take it Stewart is out and Dookie leaves the bases juiced?

I see he has given up 10 hits in this game through 6 innings with no runs allowed. Unbelievable, but I think enough is enough. RELIEF PITCHER NEEDED OZZIE!