Game thread 4-19 Sox .vs. Twinkees

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 12:52 AM)
Uribe should NOT have swung at that. PERIOD.

Uribe's going to swing at almost every pitch. Sometimes it works out great for him, and other times it looks like he has no chance to get a hit.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 12:49 AM)
Exactly, so keep his ass on the bench for PH reasons.  I'd rather Dye get to hit against a finesse pitcher like Radke in order to try and get it going.

I agree with you, fathom. I don't know why Harris can't be put in center and Rowand moved to right. You're not losing anything by doing that except losing Timo's arm, which is more than replaced by Harris' better range.

Ah hell.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 12:53 AM)
I agree with you, fathom.  I don't know why Harris can't be put in center and Rowand moved to right.  You're not losing anything by doing that except losing Timo's arm, which is more than replaced by Harris' better range.

The thing with Timo is that he plays entirely too deep in the outfield. Punto's ball should have been an easy catch for a RF, but Iguchi had to make a much tougher catch. Also, my blood pressure can't handle many more one-handed catches in crucial situations!

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
The thing with Timo is that he plays entirely too deep in the outfield.  Punto's ball should have been an easy catch for a RF, but Iguchi had to make a much tougher catch.  Also, my blood pressure can't handle many more one-handed catches in crucial situations!

That is because he is a terrible OFer who has to play deep so nothing gets over his head.

One more thing about Timo. He might be a good pinch-hitter, but Ozzie plays Timo way too much. How often do you see other solid PH like D. Hansen and M. Sweeney start? Very, very rarely. The reason for that is because those type of players best help contribute to the team by coming up to bat in big situations, and not having to play 9 innings to show their liabilities.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)
Iguchi hitting .341 now.  Nice!

How bout' that huh!?

Let's hear it for our little two-bagger! :cheers

He's making an adjusment far quicker than we could have ever imagined. Thus far, he's done all he was asked of and more.