Flubbies @ White Sox Game Thread

SoxFan1

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
Alright well hopefully DLee should be up with nobody on today, he's got Patterson and Perez in front of him a .280 and .312 obp respectively.

That's a good point, I still hope we don't pitch to him.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 02:42 PM)
Nah, elbow. It'll sting more.  ;)  :gosox3:

I don't see anything wrong with a purpose pitch in baseball. If you want to hit someone, don't hurt them. I wouldn't want to see Lee miss time because one of our guys injured him. I guess I am a purist when it comes to that kind of stuff.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
I don't see anything wrong with a purpose pitch in baseball.  If you want to hit someone, don't hurt them.  I wouldn't want to see Lee miss time because one of our guys injured him.  I guess I am a purist when it comes to that kind of stuff.

I didn't mean to hurt him lol! I just wanted it to sting for a sec. Ya know, right in the funny bone. THEY GOT ICE!

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
I don't see anything wrong with a purpose pitch in baseball.  If you want to hit someone, don't hurt them.  I wouldn't want to see Lee miss time because one of our guys injured him.  I guess I am a purist when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Derrek Lee is a player I really respect on the Cubs and I don't want to see him injured he's just having to special of a year Cubs or not. That being said this series we better make him feel uncomfortable in the box cause he's the one guy in that lineup we can't have beat us.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 10:20 AM)
Cubs/Sox NEVER have night games except that Marte GW-Walk game last year on ESPN...

They did in 97 - I was at one. At Sox Park, at least Fri should be a night game. this is frickin' ridiculous. stupid cubs.........grrrr.............

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
The purpose of beaning him isnt to hurt him, it's to throw him off.

Exactly. You knock him down in the first inning, he doesn't dig in nearly as deep,and might become suseptable to the pitch on the outer half.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
Exactly.  You knock him down in the first inning, he doesn't dig in nearly as deep,and might become suseptable to the pitch on the outer half.

And if Freddy has his slider working that's normally his put away pitch to right handed batters could make that pitch deadly.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
ALRIGHT EVERYBODY.  We already got a rockin crowd in the chat room.  Come on in and cheer our boys on to victory.

:bringit

:gosox1:  :gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosoxretro:  :gosox2:

Where is the chat room?