Nba free agent signings and rumors.

Arvydas macijauskas to new orleans. He is considered to be one of the best shooters currently playing in the world. He probally has the fastest release of any player in the world and his shot looks so purrty. He can also penetrate pretty well. His flopping abilities are also compared to divac's.

I could add a bunch more recent signings and give my thoughts but i will wait to later. I figured it would be a good idea to make a thread for this so we don't clutter up the sports bar with new threads for every some what big signing.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CubsSuck1 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
I hear the Spurs are going to sign another player from Argentina, supposedly pretty good.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
Oberto?

Yes, three year deal i believe.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
Any news on the Bulls????

What I've read and heard is that the Bulls have so little salary cap room this year that there probably will be no new additions, especially if they reup with Duhon. So basically the plan is to bring back Curry and Chandler, than after AD's contract is off the books next year they'll have some room

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)
What I've read and heard is that the Bulls have so little salary cap room this year that there probably will be no new additions, especially if they reup with Duhon.  So basically the plan is to bring back Curry and Chandler, than after AD's contract is off the books next year they'll have some room

Even is duhon ends up cutting into the mle they will have enough money to bring in a solid addition.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
Arvydas macijauskas to new orleans. He is considered to be one of the best shooters currently playing in the world. He probally has the fastest release of any player in the world and his shot looks so purrty. He can also penetrate pretty well. His flopping abilities are also compared to divac's.

I could add a bunch more recent signings and give my thoughts but i will wait to later. I figured it would be a good idea to make a thread for this so we don't clutter up the sports bar with new threads for every some what big signing.

sounds like another soft European who disappears when it really matters(click here and scroll to Arvydas Macijauskas). add the "flopping abilities" and you've now got Divac and Peja in one player. well, those are my thoughts.

Edited by AirScott

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 09:02 AM)
Duhon went to visit the Orlando Magic yesterday or today IIRC. Why we're not going after Antonio Daniels for though I do not know.

Where would Duhon fit with Orlando.... At least he has a chance to start here in Orlando he would be behind Francis and Jameer Nelson for sure.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 10:37 PM)
Where would Duhon fit with Orlando.... At least he has a chance to start here in Orlando he would be behind Francis and Jameer Nelson for sure.

Francis is being moved to SG for this season. The Magic want to bring Nelson off the bench. They think he can have an Earl Boykins like impact, and they don't want a backcourt of Nelson and Francis because it'll be too small.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 12:51 PM)
Francis is being moved to SG for this season. The Magic want to bring Nelson off the bench. They think he can have an Earl Boykins like impact, and they don't want a backcourt of Nelson and Francis because it'll be too small.

And Duhon Francis isnt 2 small?

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
And Duhon Francis isnt 2 small?

Sure, but Nelson is 5'10 and Duhon is 6'1. I'd like to see us get Jaric or Daniels, but that's probably not going to happen, and the Magic want an unselfish guy at the point when they have scorers like Francis, Howard and Hill in the starting lineup, hence why they're showing interest in Duhon.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 01:07 PM)
Sure, but Nelson is 5'10 and Duhon is 6'1. I'd like to see us get Jaric or Daniels, but that's probably not going to happen, and the Magic want an unselfish guy at the point when they have scorers like Francis, Howard and Hill in the starting lineup, hence why they're showing interest in Duhon.

NBA.com, yahoo, and espn all list Nelson at 6 and duhon at 6'1 so I dont think a 1 inch difference is enough to be a difference..... But hey if they want to give Duhon some good money be my guest we will just sign Jay Williams :P

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 08:30 AM)
NBA.com, yahoo, and espn all list Nelson at 6 and duhon at 6'1 so I dont think a 1 inch difference is enough to be a difference..... But hey if they want to give Duhon some good money be my guest we will just sign Jay Williams  :P

Jay williams supposedly ''held his own'' in the pre draft work outs... and he wasn't 100% yet. If that is truly the case why has he not gotten much attention yet? Something is fishy about that.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:30 PM)
NBA.com, yahoo, and espn all list Nelson at 6 and duhon at 6'1 so I dont think a 1 inch difference is enough to be a difference..... But hey if they want to give Duhon some good money be my guest we will just sign Jay Williams  :P

They are being kind to Nelson, he's really 5'10, and everyone around the league knows it. That said, I don't think we're even going to sign anyone because we're something like $29 million over the cap.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 12:23 PM)
Jay williams supposedly ''held his own'' in the pre draft work outs... and he wasn't 100% yet. If that is truly the case why has he not gotten much attention yet? Something is fishy about that.

I dont think its fishy. I think it makes sense. the guy almost had his leg amputated.

Going over a few things...

I can't believe AD just went to Washington. So much for AD coming back to San Antonio, like the papers and internet postings were saying.

Speaking of San Antonio, they have signed Fabrice Oberto to a 3 year deal, according to this web site. Also, ESPN had this writeup as well. Looks like the Spurs are the envy of scouting in the NBA, something my hometown Bulls are trying to emulate.

I'll tell you this...I live 60 miles east of SA, and when the Spurs where going to put their championship DVD on the market Tuesday at midnight, there were lines waiting a mile long according to the TV reports...with one TV station actually showing via helicopter just how long the line was!!! Man, ever heard of Amazon.Com???

Look what else I found here in SA...Anyone got $5 on them???

Orlando signs Keyon Dooling to a 4 year $11 mill deal. Let's see what he can do as a starter.

Grizzlies trade guard Bonzi Wells to Sacramento.

The Grizzlies exercised an $8 million team option Friday and agreed to trade Wells to Sacramento in a three-team deal involving the Jazz. The deal won’t be officially announced until the collective bargaining agreement is finalized, but it's believed to be Wells to Sacramento for guard Bobby Jackson, with the Kings sending Greg Ostertag to Utah. The Jazz also will send forward Curtis Borchardt, and guards Raul Lopez and Kirk Snyder to Memphis. Jul. 22 - 4:16 pm et

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
So that basicly means Duhon is ours now right?

I'd say so, Bulls have offered him 6 million over 3 years according to the Daily Herald. Dooling is 6'3 and the Nets really wanted him, so I'm quite happy we got someone who's bigger than 6'0 as a PG/SG at least.