Mel Kiper jr.

Do you like Mel Kiper Jr.  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mel Kiper Jr.

• Ys
    • No
    • Who the hell is Mel Kiper Jr.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 04:44 PM)
All you do is stir the pot, my man.

I'm done getting in it with you anymore.

It is your way or the highway.

Huh? I think you may be confusing me with someone else. It's just opinions, and I really don't care whether or not you agree with me. I just don't like when people say things like you said there. Agreeing with you about Jay Cutler does not make Mel Kiper a better talent evaluator.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 04:54 PM)
Huh? I think you may be confusing me with someone else. It's just opinions, and I really don't care whether or not you agree with me. I just don't like when people say things like you said there. Agreeing with you about Jay Cutler does not make Mel Kiper a better talent evaluator.

No, this is not the first time this has happened with you. I am in no way, shape, or form mistaken.

Let me re-phrase that, just for you, won't you:

It is in my most humble of opinions that Mel Kiper will be correct in his belief that Jay Cutler will amount to nothing more than a J.P. Lossman or Kyle Boller in his NFL career.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 05:56 PM)
No, this is not the first time this has happened with you.  I am in no way, shape, or form mistaken.

Let me re-phrase that, just for you, won't you:

It is in my most humble of opinions that Mel Kiper will be correct in his belief that Jay Cutler will amount to nothing more than a J.P. Lossman or Kyle Boller in his NFL career.

I disagree with your opinion. I also didn't know grudges were held from arguments here.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
I think he was just lukewarm on Losman... who genuinely sucks.

After exactly 2 years in the league. :rolly

The NFL is in a sad state right now, where if a QB does not produce, does not know the intricacies of an NFL offense, doesn't read a defense well after 2 years, he sucks.

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of Losman, I wasn't a huge fan of the Bills trading up to get Losman. But to say the guy not only sucks, but genuinely sucks? That's like saying the White Sox were stupid for putting Brian Anderson into CF because he sucks. That's low.

Give him some type to grow and mature as a QB in the NFL. If he can't do it after 2-3 years of starting, then you look to replace him, and I don't think you do until then.

I do respect Mel, because the league respects him. You can't say that about too many analysts on ESPN. I can't remember which talk radio program it was, but they suggested playing replays of past years drafts on ESPN classic. Just to see the analysis and predictions of their futures. I think that woud be fun to watch.

QUOTE(shakes @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)
I do respect Mel, because the league respects him. You can't say that about too many analysts on ESPN. I can't remember which talk radio program it was, but they suggested playing replays of past years drafts on ESPN classic. Just to see the analysis and predictions of their futures. I think that woud be fun to watch.

Hey, shakes, do you have the larger picture of your Steve Perry avatar?

If you do, and you could post it, it would be greatly appreciated! :cheers

QUOTE(shakes @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 12:12 AM)

That would be a great idea IMO.

QUOTE(shakes @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 05:12 AM)

NBA TV does this in the days leading up to the NBA draft, and it's fun to watch. The NFL Network should do something like this.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)
In that, he is correct.

Case in point.

The guy knows his stuff.

Cutler is J.P. Lossman/Kyle Boller part deux.

I agree.

Cutler may be very talented and he may become a great quarterback or what have you.

I just can't put much stock in a guy who won 11 games in his 4 year career.

QUOTE(Jake @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
I agree.

Cutler may be very talented and he may become a great quarterback or what have you.

I just can't put much stock in a guy who won 11 games in his 4 year career.

Because he played at Vanderbitl surrounded by trash in a TOUGH conference.. He still put up good enough numbers and has the size and arm strength to have a shot at being an good NFL QB

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody outside of the leauge spends as much time year-round on the NFL draft as Mel. He also always has an opinion and is not afraid to give it. That is why he might be wrong on occassion as he always goes to bat for his view point.