A Pro Ozzie Question

DABearSoX

Its a yes or no question so there will be no poll....

Is there another manager in the MLB that could have had as much as an influence on a 9-1 deficit?

I'd like to add, I believe its the only game thats been replayed that i have looked foward too (minus postseason)

Edited by DABearSoX

Its an interesting question. These guys never did quit, and even with the team down 8, the guys knew they had to get on base, and not just look for personal stats like Sox teams of the past would have done. I don't know if that is the type of players we have, or Ozzie Guillen, but whatever it is, I love it.

it wasnt necessarily ozzie who brought them back into the game, it was more of what ozzie has been teaching the last 2 years. I mean it wasnt ozzie on their butts telling them to go all out when down 9-1, but its the "win or die trying" slogan

QUOTE(zygoat @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 11:18 AM)
it wasnt necessarily ozzie who brought them back into the game, it was more of what ozzie has been teaching the last 2 years. I mean it wasnt ozzie on their butts telling them to go all out when down 9-1, but its the "win or die trying" slogan

ah yes...the slogan did it!!

QUOTE(zygoat @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
it wasnt necessarily ozzie who brought them back into the game, it was more of what ozzie has been teaching the last 2 years.

That's what I am trying to get at.....is there another manager that instills that no guts no glory attitude like that.....most other teams would have been done with that game in the 8th......the only other manager I see like that is maybe Jim Leyland

QUOTE(chiguy79 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
Leaving Vazquez in too long didn't help either. 2-Run homer on an 0-2 pitch, then a 4-pitch walk, then a 2-rn homer, a great series of pitches...

Circumstantial evidence is not permissible......

QUOTE(zygoat @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 11:18 AM)

I'd venture to say that there's quite a few managers whose teams have come back from 8 run deficits, and have actually won. How much credit you give to the managers in those games is largely subjective.

QUOTE(Hawkfan @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)
ozzie never throws in the towel, taking out crede and dye is not throwin it in, gload and ozuna are good hitters that can get the job done

A Hawk fan that is a homer? Go figure...

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 02:03 PM)
I don't understand the question. What did Ozzie have to do with anything about the comeback? He took Crede and Dye out early. If anything, he threw in the towel way before the players.

You're taking your Ozzie man crush way too far.

The bench is stepping up in the later part of games. Your point is taken, but I just want to note that by putting in Gload and Ozuna, he's not necessarily saying we're done. He expects to not give at bats away, no matter whose at the plate, the score, or inning.