LOST! thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, my thoughts on the premiere:

1. Thank god for DVR. No way I can sit through that with all the commercials. It was annoying for the 6-7 seconds it would take to FF. I couldn't imagine having to sit through all of those.

2. Nothing really new came out...just kinda affirmed some ongoing theories. We knew the Others were playing a role. We knew they knew about everything on the island. We do learn about the new chica, how everyone views 'Benry' as the leader and that the new chica is at odds with him (what was she so sad about at the beginning)? There will be a rift there eventually and I think Jack will somehow get her to come to the 'good guys' side.

3. I think the whole 'they're trying to create a super race or something similar' theory is still possible. I think they've injected Kate with something...either the 'disease' Rousseau talks about or they might have impregnated her. My personal theory is that they've injected her with something and they're going to get her and sawyer to go at it for them. The whole breakfast scene uncovered who she likes more, and then they eventually bring her to him. I think that was a big sign.

4. I, like you guys, think the Other in the cage was a decoy. That was all planned for some reason maybe for #3).

5. As for their 'village' I think it's strange that Rousseau hasn't been there before. She's been on the island for 16-17 years and never noticed it?

6. I'm still not sure what to think of Jacks flashback. Is he pissed at himself for causing his wife to find someone else? Is he sad that he made her unhappy? Is he sad she left? Is he sad how jealous he got and what he did to his father? Or is it everything? It seemed like when he finally found out she was happy that it broke him. But I'm not sure in which way. And I also wonder if the chica really has a big file on him or if she just got lots of info from the survivors from monitoring them. Supposedly others have said that she never said anything to him that we don't know based on what he's told the other survivors. But at the same time they have current technology (dual cd/dvd player in the beginning) so they obviously have some link to the outside world.

All and all it didn't really answer anything. Next week should be good because my favorie characters are Lock and Mr. Eko and we should know what happened to them.

And I still want to know what the hell the big foot is from (from the finale last season).

No one talking about the episode?

I guess I'll go first...

-So who killed Jae (Suns affair)? Did he committ suicide, did Sun kill him, or did Sun's daddy clean up Jin's mess?

-We now know Henry Gale's real name, Benjamin Linus. We also know the Others have some kind of live connects to the real world, as evidenced by the World Series video. Also with Ben, why doesn't he want the people from flight 815 to have anyway of getting off of the island?

-Good old brilliant Sawyer didn't stop to think that they might be listening to him? D'oh.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 12, 2006 -> 07:57 AM)
No one talking about the episode?

I guess I'll go first...

-So who killed Jae (Suns affair)? Did he committ suicide, did Sun kill him, or did Sun's daddy clean up Jin's mess?

-We now know Henry Gale's real name, Benjamin Linus. We also know the Others have some kind of live connects to the real world, as evidenced by the World Series video. Also with Ben, why doesn't he want the people from flight 815 to have anyway of getting off of the island?

-Good old brilliant Sawyer didn't stop to think that they might be listening to him? D'oh.

-I assumed Jae killed himself since he was holding the pearls in his hands.

-He wants them off the island but with the boat they could find the real camp where everyone lives and could get there easily.

-I doubt he even cared enough to think they had the outside bugged but who knows

also that one girl we have seen before was looking for Josh(?) who tried to escape last week and whose dres Kate was wearing

I felt last night's was the weakest of the year so far. PErhpas because it didn't include the three main characters. I still love the show, but my wife has given up. It can be a frustrating show to watch because you invest so much time and effort and there is so little payoff in terms of what is revealed.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Oct 19, 2006 -> 09:14 AM)
I felt last night's was the weakest of the year so far. PErhpas because it didn't include the three main characters. I still love the show, but my wife has given up. It can be a frustrating show to watch because you invest so much time and effort and there is so little payoff in terms of what is revealed.

What?!?

I thought this was by far the best episode this season, if not the best episode since the first season.

They changed up the story telling (flashback with boone was crazy) and they opened up more theories (as usual). The give more background to a character that seemed to be guarded...a background which was way outta left field. Also, that polar bear jumping through the fire scared the piss outta me.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 19, 2006 -> 09:26 AM)
What?!?

I thought this was by far the best episode this season, if not the best episode since the first season.

They changed up the story telling (flashback with boone was crazy) and they opened up more theories (as usual). The give more background to a character that seemed to be guarded...a background which was way outta left field. Also, that polar bear jumping through the fire scared the piss outta me.

I agree, plus the vision with Boone told us a little about the future. I really liked where they picked up with Locke. I cant wait for next week.

i realize its a show and all but to say the hatch is nothing but a hole in the ground yet the three in the hatch get blown outward to various parts of the island without any major injuries was pretty laughable. and this is from a HUGE fan. Locke's flashback was interesting as it showed him getting burned again by someone he trusted.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Oct 19, 2006 -> 02:51 PM)
i realize its a show and all but to say the hatch is nothing but a hole in the ground yet the three in the hatch get blown outward to various parts of the island without any major injuries was pretty laughable. and this is from a HUGE fan. Locke's flashback was interesting as it showed him getting burned again by someone he trusted.

yeah, that was sketchy. especially since they said the hatch "imploded" during the episode. if that's the case, they all would have been crushed inside.

but, it is television. gotta keep up the old suspension of disbelief, i guess.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Oct 19, 2006 -> 09:51 AM)

Kind of like how they were in a plane crash with barely and major injuries, and how Locke can magically walk again.....But yeah, this is the first instance of that.

you are suprised that on an island that cures cancer and paralyzation, still is the habitat of polar bears, etc, has mysterious black smoke that grabs people, that people could survive being blown out of a hatch...

i'm suprised that is the straw that broke the camels back.

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 19, 2006 -> 01:58 PM)
haha, we said the same thing.

Damn, did kate look good with that makeup on in the airport or what?

As the homeless guy said when I asked if he wanted a beer:

"yes!"

Desmond as Jesus was something I thought about. I also thought that he might really be dead. He doesn't talk with anyone other than Hurley, who is known to 'see' people that aren't really there. But that doesn't really jive with Ecko and Locke getting out alive too.