LOST! thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 09:31 AM)
Hey fellas, I've only seen parts of "LOST". I checked it out mostly b/c I am a huge fan of this guy:

harold_perrineau_jr.jpg

That pic was taken from www.nudemalecelebrities.net, by the way.

Best Jack Black voice: That's how I roll. :D

Anyways, the point of me posting in this thread: I heard that they introduce new characters. Like, other dudes get "lost" and somehow end up on the same deserted island. Is this true? Because if it is, well, you know....

That's enough to hold me back from ever getting into this show. You can't introduce new characters with a plot like that, unless they are natives of that particular island or whatever.

nothing should hold you back from watching the greatest show on TV

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 09:53 AM)
nothing should hold you back from watching the greatest show on TV

To be honest, there are only two shows I have ever watched that belong in a category with LOST, and that is old ER, and the Sopranos. Sopranos would be the runaway winner for me if they showed it on a regular basis, but as such, is about even with LOST.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 09:58 AM)
To be honest, there are only two shows I have ever watched that belong in a category with LOST, and that is old ER, and the Sopranos. Sopranos would be the runaway winner for me if they showed it on a regular basis, but as such, is about even with LOST.

Its such a great show. I was very skeptical until I rented season 1 on Dvd, then bought season 2 on the black market and now cant wait to see the next episode.

Oh and BTW, I hate when shows show 6 episodes then let you sit for a few months before delivering 15 more.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 09:31 AM)
Anyways, the point of me posting in this thread: I heard that they introduce new characters. Like, other dudes get "lost" and somehow end up on the same deserted island. Is this true? Because if it is, well, you know....

That's enough to hold me back from ever getting into this show. You can't introduce new characters with a plot like that, unless they are natives of that particular island or whatever.

The original survivors have come upon other people on the island. Some were from the same plane but had landed elsewhere. Another is a woman who was marooned years ago. And then there are the "others" and the Dharma people, of which we don't have a clue about.

So, its not like new people are just coming to the island all the time. The initial group is just finding more people.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
The original survivors have come upon other people on the island. Some were from the same plane but had landed elsewhere. Another is a woman who was marooned years ago. And then there are the "others" and the Dharma people, of which we don't have a clue about.

So, its not like new people are just coming to the island all the time. The initial group is just finding more people.

Okay, gotcha.

I also like this guy a lot:

adewale_akinnuoye_agbaje(00-med-smaller)

I like a lot of the actors from "Oz". Harold Perrineau, Adawale Agbage, Eamonn Walker, Scott Winters, Ernie Hudson, Terry Kinney, J.K. Simmons, etc. The show itself has one too many butt-rapes for my liking, but hey, the actors are awesome.

Incredible work on giving a few answers and still creating even more questions at the sametime. The scene at the beginning where you see how the Other react to the plane crash sets off a whole new bunch of questions... Are they a cult? Are they scientists who just rebelled against Dharma and took over? Are the former captives of Dharma who rebelled and took over? What other possibilities could there be?

Also who is the chick in charge of Jack, and have we seen her before? She looks really familiar, but I can't place her.

There are more, but I want to hear from everyone else...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 07:58 AM)
Incredible work on giving a few answers and still creating even more questions at the sametime. The scene at the beginning where you see how the Other react to the plane crash sets off a whole new bunch of questions... Are they a cult? Are they scientists who just rebelled against Dharma and took over? Are the former captives of Dharma who rebelled and took over? What other possibilities could there be?

Also who is the chick in charge of Jack, and have we seen her before? She looks really familiar, but I can't place her.

There are more, but I want to hear from everyone else...

i want to know who that other guy who was caged is? and where did he come from etc?

My guess is the other guy was a plant.

What I want to know is what happened to Kate. She looked very shook up and had lacerations all over her wrists when they put her in the cage.

Overall, I was sort of let down. They didn't really tell us too much we couldn't have already figured out, and they didn't really open up any huge new questions. There was no cliff-hanger ending to speak of.

The episode was slow-paced and short; there were commercials every 4 minutes. If that keeps up, I'll just be watching via torrents or online.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 10:20 AM)
My guess is the other guy was a plant.

What I want to know is what happened to Kate. She looked very shook up and had lacerations all over her wrists when they put her in the cage.

Overall, I was sort of let down. They didn't really tell us too much we couldn't have already figured out, and they didn't really open up any huge new questions. There was no cliff-hanger ending to speak of.

The episode was slow-paced and short; there were commercials every 4 minutes. If that keeps up, I'll just be watching via torrents or online.

at first i thought the other guy was a plant but since they returned him and made him apologize i doubted that was the case

Ok, so I sat down to make sure lost was recording on my Comcast DVR last night. And people who know this unit know that it is unreliable at times. So i sit down and it has frozen. So I have to unplug the unit and wait for it to start back up to watch the show and record it. I effectively miss the first segment, the first 5 min. Please sometime tell me what happened before the first commercial!!!

From Yahoo Groups

Posted by ajm25 at Lost-ABC Yahoo Groups

Aloha I live in Honolulu and I was fortunate to attend the LOST 3rd season premiere. I dont have any experience typing up synopsis really, however I'll go with what I can

remember about the show:

Remember last season began with Desmond on his exercise bike with Mama Cass song "Make Your Own Kind of Music", well this season the song opens up with Petula Clark's "Downtown" with a woman named Juliet played by Elizabeth Mitchell (http://imdb.com/name/nm0593310/).

You see The Others outside on a nice sunny day, wearing nice casual clothes and they look up and see the plane splitting apart in two. Henry Gale tells Ethan to go the crash site and pretend to be a survivor and the man Ana Lucia killed, Goodwin (http://imdb.com/name/nm0191442/) was told to go to the other crash site. Then opening credits of the LOST begins...

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 09:36 AM)
Ok, so I sat down to make sure lost was recording on my Comcast DVR last night. And people who know this unit know that it is unreliable at times. So i sit down and it has frozen. So I have to unplug the unit and wait for it to start back up to watch the show and record it. I effectively miss the first segment, the first 5 min. Please sometime tell me what happened before the first commercial!!!

Watchi it for free at ABC.com

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing