Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Illinois tweeted that Ward's letter came in:

Illinois Football ‏@IlliniFootball · 4m

NLI #11 (10:40 am): Juco Jihad Ward is a BIG one, literally, 6-6, 285 4-star d-lineman. #Illini #SigningDay pic.twitter.com/74vIxmjKhK

Look out, Pasadena.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 11:50 AM)
Yeah he was early.

McDowell apparently faked his signature for the cameras and still hasnt signed to MSU. Classic.

I don't think that is classic. I think it is stupid and makes a mockery of what the process is all about. I understand rivalries and all that crap but the whole process has become a dumb reality show of high school players to show how uneducated they really are as they make their way into prestigious university and blow an opportunity to get a real education and show that they have been so coddled their whole lives that they can string along these programs.

I do understand that the programs really could give a s*** about them as well and it is all about the mighty dollar.

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 11:51 AM)
Brian,

Who do you think will be Peppers coach the majority of his career, Hoke or someone else?

I'm not as close to the Michigan program as your friends, so I don't know. This is a big year for Hoke coming up. Already sounds like Gardner could be back at WR.

Illinois has the third worst class of all of the major conferences, just slightly ahead of Utah and Colorado from the Pac-12.

:headbang

edit: I guess if you want to consider the ACC a major conference, they're the seventh worst.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 12:01 PM)
I don't think that is classic. I think it is stupid and makes a mockery of what the process is all about. I understand rivalries and all that crap but the whole process has become a dumb reality show of high school players to show how uneducated they really are as they make their way into prestigious university and blow an opportunity to get a real education and show that they have been so coddled their whole lives that they can string along these programs.

I do understand that the programs really could give a s*** about them as well and it is all about the mighty dollar.

Its his mom vs him. She was on the radio saying he knew nothing about the school other than his friends there telling him he didnt have to go to class.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 12:04 PM)
I'm not as close to the Michigan program as your friends, so I don't know. This is a big year for Hoke coming up. Already sounds like Gardner could be back at WR.

They really dont like the guy as far as development and the whole lying to the media for Gibbons thing really sent one of them over the edge. Big year for him IMO.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 12:11 PM)
Brian, any chance you're calling the Stevenson-ZB game Friday? I think I'm going to go see that one.

No but it's on the site. I think the Stevenson students do it.

I'd like to go but probably covering another game.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 01:13 PM)
The Big Ten West vs East recruiting comparison is hilarious right now. It makes me long for the good ol days of leaders and legends

Eh come on Rock, we all know that recruiting stars is a joke to make money. You get an alabama offer you immediately are bumped to 4*/5*. If recruiting stars mattered Wisconsin wouldnt be good.

Funny thing, some of the best players on Wisconsin were walk ons. That guy JJ Watt, didnt even have a *.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 05:53 PM)
Eh come on Rock, we all know that recruiting stars is a joke to make money. You get an alabama offer you immediately are bumped to 4*/5*. If recruiting stars mattered Wisconsin wouldnt be good.

Funny thing, some of the best players on Wisconsin were walk ons. That guy JJ Watt, didnt even have a *.

I remember a few years ago Miami offered a local WR who wasnt even rated on Rivals named Frankie Hammond Jr. Rivals gave him a 2-star ranking after Miami offered. A week later, Urb offered him at UF and he somehow became a 4-star recruit. His career numbers at UF was 48 games, 19 starts, 63 catches and 6 TDs. Pedestrian at best.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 09:31 AM)
Tenn's fax machine is on fire with the 82 recruits they signed

One of the best days of the year if not THE best in recruiting. Love this s***. Lots of surprises already with Malik McDowell's circus coming up too. His mom said she wouldnt sign his LOI to MSU.

Hey, don't hate because Butch found a way to fill needs. You should worry about beating a Top 10 team first, something Urban hasn't done yet.

I also don't know why ESPN keeps showing UT with 37 signees. We signed 32.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 12:05 PM)
Illinois has the third worst class of all of the major conferences, just slightly ahead of Utah and Colorado from the Pac-12.

:headbang

edit: I guess if you want to consider the ACC a major conference, they're the seventh worst.

Its not a great class, but its hard to expect much with one BT win in 2 years. Its kind of like chicken and the egg. They have to put up wins this year to have any chance to recruit a 2015 class. Don't win, and TB is gone and recruiting starts again. I cant be shocked or pissed our class isn't great.

But, this class isn't as bad as most think when you factor in James, Ayoola and Lunt. Plus nice little blurb here http://247sports.com/Article/Big-Ten-Signi...it-again-175918

Now you have to win games. Nothing else matters right now. You have enough immediate impact guys and returning players to do so.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 09:34 PM)
Illinois' 18 signers had a combined 1 other Big Ten offer(Domer from Indiana). Lololololol lololololol

Tim Beckman everyone.

It's so embarrassing that he's still head coach. Oh well, only 10 more months. And I will be at the game in Seattle this September, that should be a good one.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 04:53 PM)

There is a Huge correlation between star ratings and NFL draftees. So that is incorrect.