GAME TWO!!!!

Kalapse

I feel Fathom's pain.

Going to that debacle.

What's it like at the Cell when the team is getting clubbed like that?

Is it dead silent?

Are fans just talking about how bad the team is or joking about winning it all just 2 years ago?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 04:07 AM)
I feel Fathom's pain.

Going to that debacle.

What's it like at the Cell when the team is getting clubbed like that?

Is it dead silent?

Are fans just talking about how bad the team is or joking about winning it all just 2 years ago?

Sadly, it was loud with all the Boston fans there. People around me were laughing when Erstad was announced as the 3rd hitter. It was amazing to me to see how Danks doesn't fool anyone. I don't think he got a swing and miss the entire night from the Red Sox, and every pitch their hitters took was a ball.

Ozzie speaks the truth, from MLB.com Scott Merkin

"Twelve hours of my life I wasted and I'm not going to get it back," said White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, following an exasperated laugh. "Tough day for everyone: pitching, hitting, defense. You name it."

"We can't put anything together," Guillen said. "They have a pretty good lineup and the way we pitched, they are even better. Then, you pitch poorly, the way we pitched today, those games will finish up like that.

"That's one of the reasons they are in first place and we are in last place. You can see it there. They pitch better and hit better. That's baseball."

QUOTE(TLAK @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 07:14 AM)
Ozzie speaks the truth, from MLB.com Scott Merkin

If Guillen were DJ he could have summed up the entire struggles of our team in one unifying phrase:

darrin_jackson.jpg

"It is what it is"

Which, basically, is the equivalent of not offering anything of substance on the subject. A complete cop out to avoid criticizing the ballclub. Atleast Guillen is willing to tell everyone what we're seeing what our own eyes, and not what our team's broadcasters are feeding us.