Sox pitching prospects traded since 2000

scenario

So does this list lend Kenny a little bit of credibility when the subject of trading away prospects comes up?

No, Gregory Pratt will just use the list to show much of a failure his farm system is.

I don't think Javier Lopez should be on that list either as he was hardly a "prospect" when he was traded.

QUOTE(bigruss22 @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 10:48 PM)
Sorry to be offtopic here, but I just noticed you were from Ann Arbor, are you a student or what? I thought I was the only Sox fan here!

I actually just moved out of Ann Arbor, I just haven't updated my profile to reflect it. Right now I'm in Carbondale, but I was in Ann Arbor for like 3 years previous. I'm not a U of M student, I was born there, moved to Chicago, then moved back for some reason.

I was very disappointed to learn that even though I was moving to the Sox's state, I wouldn't get Sox games in Carbondale. Doesn't seem fair to me. All of Illinois should show them. At least I have WGN. And B-dubs like I had in Ann Arbor.

QUOTE(ScottyDo @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 11:39 PM)
I actually just moved out of Ann Arbor, I just haven't updated my profile to reflect it. Right now I'm in Carbondale, but I was in Ann Arbor for like 3 years previous. I'm not a U of M student, I was born there, moved to Chicago, then moved back for some reason.

I was very disappointed to learn that even though I was moving to the Sox's state, I wouldn't get Sox games in Carbondale. Doesn't seem fair to me. All of Illinois should show them. At least I have WGN. And B-dubs like I had in Ann Arbor.

If you're 21 check out the Cellar. I'm not sure what it's like now, but the old owner was a Sox fan.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jan 10, 2008 -> 07:27 AM)
If you're 21 check out the Cellar. I'm not sure what it's like now, but the old owner was a Sox fan.

Come on now, we havent been gone that long ;)

You know Formentini is still schmoozin at the end of the bar and you can bet that they smoked in that place till the last minute before the smoking ban took effect ;)

I miss that place, it was so much fun

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 10, 2008 -> 08:13 AM)
Come on now, we havent been gone that long ;)

You know Formentini is still schmoozin at the end of the bar and you can bet that they smoked in that place till the last minute before the smoking ban took effect ;)

I miss that place, it was so much fun

I played at PK's the night of the Festival of Lights Parade. I had some Quatro's for the first time in like 3 years. :headbang :cheers

I didn't see Jeff, but Kristin is still there.

I'm actually surprised to see the relative lack of success out of that group of players, who on that list has done anything in the league? Majewski, Fogg and maybe a few guys who had a cup of coffee in the bigs but that's about it. So maybe I won't rush to judgement just yet on the Swisher trade, I'll give it a few years, then we'll see

QUOTE(bighurt4life @ Jan 11, 2008 -> 02:02 AM)
I'm actually surprised to see the relative lack of success out of that group of players, who on that list has done anything in the league? Majewski, Fogg and maybe a few guys who had a cup of coffee in the bigs but that's about it. So maybe I won't rush to judgement just yet on the Swisher trade, I'll give it a few years, then we'll see

Well.. Fogg while overall for his career has struggled had a pretty decent season for the Rockies and was pivitol for them down the stretch. Than besides that Majewski, Frankie Francisco, Jon Rauch, and Matt Guerrier have had some success. Than the jury is still out on guys like Josh Rupe, Gio, Lumsden, Cortez, and De Los Santos.

Not 2 mention he apparently really dropped the ball on Fabio Castro.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 11, 2008 -> 02:48 AM)
Well.. Fogg while overall for his career has struggled had a pretty decent season for the Rockies and was pivitol for them down the stretch. Than besides that Majewski, Frankie Francisco, Jon Rauch, and Matt Guerrier have had some success. Than the jury is still out on guys like Josh Rupe, Gio, Lumsden, Cortez, and De Los Santos.

Not 2 mention he apparently really dropped the ball on Fabio Castro.

That really is the coolest name in baseball. If there is one move I don't like, it was that. I'm in awe of it every time its mentioned.

Edited by max power