4/13 Gamethread: Sox (6-4) vs. Detroit (2-9); 1:05, WGN

maggsmaggs

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 02:37 PM)
Good lookin' swing there by Cabrera.

hes really starting to come around...the first week he struggled but this last week, hes been good...and gotten on base quite a bit for him too...obp coming into today was .341

LOL

HAHAHAHA!

i didn't think it could get any funnier than yesterday's home plate ump nearly hitting gavin floyd in the face...I was wrong! Miguel Cabrera shouldn't even be playing!!

QUOTE (Maverick0984 @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 02:39 PM)
Looked like a football player blocking...why didn't he just step backward? lol

with the 14th pick in the 2008 NFL draft, the chicago bears select doug eddins Left Tackle, out of the major league baseball umpiring association

QUOTE (DonnyDevito @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 02:39 PM)
HAHAHAHA!

i didn't think it could get any funnier than yesterday's home plate ump nearly hitting gavin floyd in the face...I was wrong! Miguel Cabrera shouldn't even be playing!!

QUOTE (Maverick0984 @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 02:39 PM)
Cabrera looks hurt too

What happened? Gameday isnt showing me the fun stuff

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 02:41 PM)
What happened? Gameday isnt showing me the fun stuff

Simple pop up to 3rd base who ran into the 3rd base umpire.

Ball fell 2 feet from the bag for a hit? Not sure how they scored it, but noone touched it, has to be I guess.

Well Cabrera has been playing hurt for weeks. He has a pulled groin. He should be on the DL but the Tigers can't afford that so they play him hurt every day. He ran into the ump on a routine pop up to 3rd base and went down softly but gingerly because he already has a messed up groin but the Tigers just keep putting him in the line up every single day.

QUOTE (Maverick0984 @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 01:42 PM)
Simple pop up to 3rd base who ran into the 3rd base umpire.

Ball fell 2 feet from the bag for a hit? Not sure how they scored it, but noone touched it, has to be I guess.

Thome can use all the hits he can get right now.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 01:27 PM)
*sigh*..

People need to look past what batting average the newspaper tells them...

Uribe has been playing some damn good defense at 2nd, and gives us probably teh strongest arm from second base in the league...

I'm looking far passed the batting average. I'm looking at the fact that he is one of the worst hitters ever, in terms of OBP, and the fact that Nick Swisher almost has as many walks in 10 gams as Uribe has ever had in a full 162-game season. The guy is piss poor, and will never be anything better than dirt at the plate.