• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (mr_genius @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
Biden is so dumb. Obama wanted to use this distraction closer to election time if/when the economy still sucks.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
Yea, they had this videotaped days before it aired and dips*** blew their cover.

These 2 make no sense together.

Why? They had this done days before Biden opened his mouth as it turns out. So, they used it the day after the election so they could money bomb idiots who "believe in the cause" in part because Joltin' Joe blew their cover. It's a crying shame that he doesn't legitimately believe in any of it. What's changed, other then he just swagged drones into millions of campaign donations? Absolutely NOTHING.

That's why you're sheeple. Donate more money!

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:13 PM)
Man those idiots believing in the cause of ssm.

What are you even arguing against? Anyone in favor of ssm should be thrilled that the President of the United States is publicly supporting ssm.

The man doesn't give a s*** about ssm. But you all love him for it.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 10, 2012 -> 07:22 PM)
The man doesn't give a s*** about ssm. But you all love him for it.

I don't love him for it but when the most powerful man in the world decided to support a cause I'm completely for, then I can't complain.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:31 PM)
I don't love him for it but when the most powerful man in the world decided to support a cause I'm completely for, then I can't complain.

Where was your all out praise and admiration for Dick Cheney when he said almost EXACTLY the same thing 3 years ago? Where was the evolutionary thinking back then? I didn't think so. And that man actually has real skin in the game, unlike the dorkass "most powerful man in the world" in the choose a topic du jour to spout bulls*** about for more campaign money. It's really funny that none of you can see that.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 10, 2012 -> 07:38 PM)
Where was your all out praise and admiration for Dick Cheney when he said almost EXACTLY the same thing 3 years ago? Where was the evolutionary thinking back then? I didn't think so. And that man actually has real skin in the game, unlike the dorkass "most powerful man in the world" in the choose a topic du jour to spout bulls*** about for more campaign money. It's really funny that none of you can see that.

How does this sound like "All out praise and admiration"?

I also mentioned earlier that I would not send his campaign any money over this.

Your definition of all out praise and admiration must be a little different than mine.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:44 PM)
How does this sound like "All out praise and admiration"?

I also mentioned earlier that I would not send his campaign any money over this.

Your definition of all out praise and admiration must be a little different than mine.

$1 million in 90 minutes after the "announcement". WOOT! SSM (even though he doesn't give a s*** in reality unless he makes money and gains votes for it).

And you just gave him props for it, where was the same thing three years ago? I didn't think so.

A wonderfully written and articulate article from Bristol Palin.

Here's a snippet:

While it’s great to listen to your kids’ ideas, there’s also a time when dads simply need to be dads. In this case, it would’ve been helpful for him to explain to Malia and Sasha that while her friends parents are no doubt lovely people, that’s not a reason to change thousands of years of thinking about marriage. Or that – as great as her friends may be – we know that in general kids do better growing up in a mother/father home. Ideally, fathers help shape their kids’ worldview.

In this situation, it was the other way around. I guess we can be glad that Malia and Sasha aren’t younger, or perhaps today’s press conference might have been about appointing Dora the Explorer as Attorney General because of her success in stopping Swiper the Fox.

When I read your posts I can just see the anger and fear.

It seems like you are just so worried that Obama is going to out raise Romney and win.

Because last I checked politics is about winning, not about being righteously principled while the other side stomps you out.

It must really burn to watch this go down.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 10, 2012 -> 07:48 PM)
$1 million in 90 minutes after the "announcement". WOOT! SSM (even though he doesn't give a s*** in reality unless he makes money and gains votes for it).

And you just gave him props for it, where was the same thing three years ago? I didn't think so.

That was one of the only times I had ever given credit to Dick Cheney. I don't recall there being a 200 page argument about it in here.

Your straight up rage regarding this whole situation is unhealthy and quite disturbing to be perfectly honest.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:38 PM)

Dick Cheney wasn't potus.

You know this, but your Obama rage is blinding you.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:53 PM)
When I read your posts I can just see the anger and fear.

It seems like you are just so worried that Obama is going to out raise Romney and win.

Because last I checked politics is about winning, not about being righteously principled while the other side stomps you out.

It must really burn to watch this go down.

This is why Republicans who aren't anti-ssm are reacting this way.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/for...IlGU_story.html

Liberal bloggers were seated around a big table in the Roosevelt Room, peppering President Obama with policy questions. Suddenly, one of them turned to Obama and, struggling to overcome his emotions, made a very personal appeal.

“You can’t be equal in this country if the very core of who you are as a person and the love — the person you love is not — if that relationship isn’t the same as everybody else’s,” said Joe Sudbay, a gay writer for Americablog who said his community was “desperate” to know more about Obama’s stance on marriage rights.

“While I’m not prepared to reverse myself here, sitting in the Roosevelt Room at 3:30 in the afternoon,” Obama said, according to a transcript Sudbay posted on his blog after the October 2010 encounter, “I think it’s fair to say that it’s something that I think a lot about. That’s probably the best you’ll do out of me today.”

We'll probably be seeing more and more stories that show that, yeah, Obama actually has talked about this issue with people and has been wrestling with it for a few years now.

So this could go in this thread or the baby pills thread I guess, but it's a post on a recent survey by the Barna Group, a pro-Christian research firm:

When asked by The Barna Group what words or phrases best describe Christianity, the top response among Americans ages 16-29 was “antihomosexual.” For a staggering 91 percent of non-Christians, this was the first word that came to their mind when asked about the Christian faith. The same was true for 80 percent of young churchgoers. (The next most common negative images? : “judgmental,” “hypocritical,” and “too involved in politics.”)

Later research, documented in Kinnaman’s You Lost Me, reveals that one of the top reasons 59 percent of young adults with a Christian background have left the church is because they perceive the church to be too exclusive, particularly regarding their LGBT friends. Eight million twenty-somethings have left the church, and this is one reason why.

The face of Christianity among American youth is bigotry.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 11, 2012 -> 08:22 AM)
So this could go in this thread or the baby pills thread I guess, but it's a post on a recent survey by the Barna Group, a pro-Christian research firm:

The face of Christianity among American youth is bigotry.

And you wonder why people feel there is ant-Christian sentiment out there?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2012 -> 08:25 AM)
And you wonder why people feel there is ant-Christian sentiment out there?

I think you have the cause and effect backwards here.

Please note that the article I linked to is by a liberal Christian and that the group that performed the survey is a pro-Christian group.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 11, 2012 -> 08:29 AM)
I think you have the cause and effect backwards here.

Please note that the article I linked to is by a liberal Christian and that the group that performed the survey is a pro-Christian group.

Not to mention Christians are the only group that can be targeted in a study like that. People would be flipping out if they had done one on Muslims that came up with something like that.

You can't play the persecuted minority card when these negative attitudes towards Christianity seem to be largely based on rejection of Christianity being used to persecute minorities.

It's a study by a pro-Christian group trying to gather information on various demographics' views of Christianity. The data is what it is. It was only a week or two ago that I posted a thread with an lengthy article on the misogyny rampant in many Muslim cultures, and they are certainly no better on the LGBT front than conservative Christianity.

Did you actually read the link? It's not very long and it explains (anecdotally) why many Christian youth are ultimately leaving their church over this issue.

Edited by StrangeSox