8/22 Rays vs White Sox 7:11 PM CDT - CSN

Metz

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 10:24 PM)
the rays are gonna win the WS this year,it s one of those once in a generation type teams comprised of throw aways and bums who are having a magical year,and next year they ll be as bad as they ve always been :lolhitting

Actually they will be pretty good for years. That rotation is strong and all young and under contract.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 03:24 AM)
the rays are gonna win the WS this year,it s one of those once in a generation type teams comprised of throw aways and bums who are having a magical year,and next year they ll be as bad as they ve always been :lolhitting

I think my grandma could manage a team with Kazmir, Shields, Garza, Price, and Jackson/Sonnanstine to a good record in the years to come.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 10:24 PM)
Actually they will be pretty good for years. That rotation is strong and all young and under contract.

+ wade davis and david price on the way.....

not to mention, now that they are drawing fans they might actually be able to sign the occasional free agent

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 10:23 PM)
Crap, the Angels look freaking awful. Glenn Perkins is on his way to being 9-1 in his last 12 starts.

Glenn FREAKING Perkins. Unreal. 2 hit shutout through 5. Angels are laying down. If we don't win .700 of our games during this Twinkie 14 game road trip we may be chasing 4-5 games by the end of it and playing for a wildcard we probably won't get....unreal

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 03:27 AM)
Glenn FREAKING Perkins. Unreal. 2 hit shutout through 5. Angels are laying down. If we don't win .700 of our games during this Twinkie 14 game road trip we may be chasing 4-5 games by the end of it and playing for a wildcard we probably won't get....unreal

Huge series next weekend at Boston for the White Sox.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 09:27 PM)
Terrible loss....with this bullpen, you can't be playing smallball. Tomorrow's going to be tough, hopefully Ozzie is smart with his lineup.

*starts praying for Anderson in CF and Swisher right after Thome*

Edited by whitesoxbrian

this team is the undisputed king of expect the unexpected:

Angels at home with their best pitcher on the hill, looking like a AA rookie, the Twins who usually can't buy a win on the road lighting him up, and of course catching the Angels at a time while they're cold

Sox coming off a red hot series, stay at home, with their best guy on the hill, against a very good team that lives, however off homecooking, and we looked plain aweful

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 10:29 PM)
4-0 Twins....not a good start to this weekend.

Angels have no life whatsoever. First time in 11 games Saunders has allowed more than 3 runs. This is just flat out ridiculous. Let's crown the Twins champs of the Central once again.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 09:29 PM)
Our Bullpen is not nearly as good as advertised, let's be honest, until we get to Jenks

true,but the rays ain t invincible,no team isn t,we have as good a chance as any team contending,they all have flaws and I don t think the twinkies will be there in the end because they have 24 of their last 36 games on the road,and against some good teams,that s a killer schedule. :hawk:

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 09:35 PM)
this team is the undisputed king of expect the unexpected:

Angels at home with their best pitcher on the hill, looking like a AA rookie, the Twins who usually can't buy a win on the road lighting him up, and of course catching the Angels at a time while they're cold

Sox coming off a red hot series, stay at home, with their best guy on the hill, against a very good team that lives, however off homecooking, and we looked plain aweful

dude,take it easy,there s alot of baseball still left,you win some you lose some,we lost today,let s em tomorrow :headbang

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 10:36 PM)
true,but the rays ain t invincible,no team isn t,we have as good a chance as any team contending,they all have flaws and I don t think the twinkies will be there in the end because they have 24 of their last 36 games on the road,and against some good teams,that s a killer schedule. :hawk:

I appreciate the optimism however I just cannot recall Twins losing games they need to win while they are in a Pennant race. This reminds me so much of 2006 where they didn't lose since May no matter what (even on the road) it's sickening

P.S. 5-0 Twins

I remember all my fellow sox fans talking about how it was the end of our team back in 05 when the tribe cut our once huge division lead to a half game with about 15 games left and the sox got in a late season run and swept them at their house,how likely did that seem back then???Not saying it s gonna happen like that again this year but s that s what so great about baseball,you never know!! :gosox3:

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 04:44 AM)
I remember all my fellow sox fans talking about how it was the end of our team back in 05 when the tribe cut our once huge division lead to a half game with about 15 games left and the sox got in a late season run and swept them at their house,how likely did that seem back then???Not saying it s gonna happen like that again this year but s that s what so great about baseball,you never know!! :gosox3:

Nice enthusiasm :notworthy

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 10:40 PM)
The Twins have 12 games the rest of the season against teams above .500

The Sox have 19 games the rest of the season against teams above .500

There ya go. And we have BOS and NYY at their place. This isn't good. I am tempted to say we're done but that's just the pessimist in me...I am SO SICK of the same old story with the Twins. It would be different if you knew they weren't going to be swept in the playoffs, but they don't even have a chance, and you know the White Sox teams would be more suited for this type of play....oh well....

P.S. 8-0 Twins