Vazquez & Logan Dealt to Braves

Sockin

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, Lillibridge had a real subpar 2008 down in AAA FWIW, but some thought he may have been frustrated not being up in the majors full-time.

Reyes had a 5.81 ERA in the majors in 2008.

Frankly, I think we can do better, unless the 3rd prospect in the deal is someone like Jason Heyward, Jordan Schaefer or Brandon Jones.

EDIT: I'm also gonna merge this with the other thread to keep everything in here, but I've changed the thread title to indicate the latest update.

Also I'd ask for a package of Yunel Escobar and Reyes for Vazquez here.

Reyes apparently has major control issues, but some people still rate him highly.

Escobar and Ramirez would be a nice up the middle combo, and you could still move Alexei to CF, if you acquired a 2B or SS.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 05:20 PM)
Also I'd ask for a package of Yunel Escobar and Reyes for Vazquez here.

Reyes apparently has major control issues, but some people still rate him highly.

Escobar and Ramirez would be a nice up the middle combo, and you could still move Alexei to CF, if you acquired a 2B or SS.

People aren't writing Escobar for Peavy straight up out. What makes you think we could get him and a piching prospect for Javy?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 04:18 PM)
Lillibridge has pop, speed, and disipline. Plus, he can play SS/Cf.

Reyes was the #8 prospect in the Braves organization.

We're talking Javy here, not Peavy. We should seriously considering taking a deal built around these two players.

Uh yeah, that would be a decent package. And it says 3 players, which means those two plus another guy.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 05:22 PM)
People aren't writing Escobar for Peavy straight up out. What makes you think we could get him and a piching prospect for Javy?

Well I think Javy still has value around the league despite what many on here think.

Escobar wasn't the issue in a Peavy deal, not including Tommy Hanson or Peavy wanting a no trade clause was.

Frank Wren has shown he'll be quite aggressive in the trade market, and isn't afraid to include prospects in deals.

Maybe asking for Escobar is a bit optimistic, but his OPS was down from 2007, and maybe his value isn't as high as what it was, hence why would the Braves include him in a Peavy deal for instance?

Maybe the Sox might be after Gregor Blanco instead to fill their leadoff / CF need? (.251.366/.309 splits in his season in the majors).

Would not be shocked to see Lillebridge come this way, he's fallen out of favor. A typical Kenny move...would be a great get as he still has real potential.

JoJo Reyes is another guy, didn't perform well last year, but is still a very good prospect.

These two guys are Kenny's MO, but I'd like to see a tad more since Atlanta seems ready to move forward without these guys either way...Sounds like something could get done. Shafer would be nice, but I'd be shocked to see that happen...if KW can get JS, BL and JR I'd be stupified, but I believe the deal will include a 2nd pitching prospect.

Rosenthal is the one guy who seems to know when something is going to happen...my guess is this deal is done. Good luck, Javy, I appreciated your efforts here.

Say what you want about Javy, but there is something to be said for a guy who takes the ball every single 5th day for you.

I'm starting to think I wouldn't be shocked to see one Jon Garland back on the southside...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 04:56 PM)
Rosenthal is the one guy who seems to know when something is going to happen...my guess is this deal is done. Good luck, Javy, I appreciated your efforts here.

Say what you want about Javy, but there is something to be said for a guy who takes the ball every single 5th day for you.

I'm starting to think I wouldn't be shocked to see one Jon Garland back on the southside...

If were just getting Lillibridge and Reyes, I don't like this move.

If we acquire another middle infielder, he better be a stud. And Lillibridge is far from a stud. I saw a little of Lillibridge this year and was massively underwhelmed, and from looking at his career stats, blah. As for Jo-Jo Reyes, yuck. I have seen him only a few times, and that was a few times too many. I'd take Richard over him any day of the week. If it was just Lillibridge, Reyes, and another piece of crap prospect, I'd puke, it'd make us immediately worse. If that 3rd prospect is anything worth-while though, it might be a decent trade.

I'd do Vazquez plus some cash (I know that isn't the Sox m.o.) for Escobar straight up however. Escobar, unlike Lillibridge, is a stud.