The Bears Suck

Hawkfan

QUOTE (hawksfan61 @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 04:40 PM)
I won't hang Moose on the team. A lot of guys look good with Steve Smith lining up on the other side of the field. Moose is a loudmouth who I don't think really wanted to be here. I don't think he ever really wanted to leave Carolina to be honest with you, but he saw that big contract and took the money and ran. He is kind of the Bears Ben Wallace, although with a far less destructive impact on the team than Ben had.

Moose pointed some fingers and burned a bridge or two when he left no doubt, but I honestly saw him as the only real leadership presence on the offensive side of the ball. He just looked completely washed up in '07 though and he obviously wasn't.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
Moose pointed some fingers and burned a bridge or two when he left no doubt, but I honestly saw him as the only real leadership presence on the offensive side of the ball. He just looked completely washed up in '07 though and he obviously wasn't.

i couldnt disagree more. there were a lot of whispers that moose led a player revolt in 05 that got Orton benched for Rex because he wasnt getting the ball enough. And I watched him on the comcast bears show that he was on, that guy pointed more fingers than I could count, and with all of his drops he shouldnt have been pointing the finger at anyone else.

He was supposed to be the leader, but I didnt see it.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)
i couldnt disagree more. there were a lot of whispers that moose led a player revolt in 05 that got Orton benched for Rex because he wasnt getting the ball enough. And I watched him on the comcast bears show that he was on, that guy pointed more fingers than I could count, and with all of his drops he shouldnt have been pointing the finger at anyone else.

He was supposed to be the leader, but I didnt see it.

I know he was a big Rex backer, but really Orton sucked and that needed to happens so I had/have no qualms about it at all. I know Orton was a rookie then but that doesn't change the fact that he sucked really, really bad. Sure he pointed fingers and didn't really accept accountability for much of anything, but when it came time to prepare and be ready in the huddle etc. he's the only one I can ever recall really doing anything (and I'm mainly talking about '07). Maybe Kreutz was, but as far as position players it didn't look like Berrian, Clark, Olsen were, and you know it definitely in the hell wasn't Benson.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 02:29 PM)

Running your mouth to the press does not make you a leader. Moose is a me-first assclown, for some reason its a quality that a lot of receivers seem to have. Like Kyle said right above me, there was a lot of talk about Moose leading a revolt in the locker room. Overall his time here was very disappointing, because I was very excited when he was brought in. The Bears had finally attempted to bring in our first real playmaker since M-Rob, and he stunk the joint up. What makes it worse is that some of it seemed to be due to a lack of effort on his part, not just an erosion of skills.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 03:49 PM)
For the price they paid it should have turned the franchise into a money making machine. Instead the team gets off on the cheap invests little into the facility and reaps the rewards from guaranteed sell-outs and a great television contract. They can raise ticket prices as much as they like because of the long waiting list for season tickets and the mere fact that you are still only buying 10 games.

This just means the city signed a bad deal with the team. It has nothing to do with the facility itself. The stadium is a good facility, the city politicians are idiots(what else is new) for signeingoff on the crappy deal.