S/T: 3/04 - Sox vs. Oakland - 2pm - Broadway vs. Eveland

scenario

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 02:29 PM)
Broadway through 2 IP, gave up a broken bat single to Carter.

Allen got eaten up by low and away sliders against the LHP...tough match-up for him. Danks popped out, but made contact on his swings.

lillibridge k's. not looking too good with the bat thus far

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
Have you not watched the White Sox, they swing for the fences and usually pop out.

Oh, this is a White Sox forum? Wow, I'm embarrassed. I meant to be on a Boston site. That explains all of the woes.

Ex-Sox playing well.

Edited by ChesterCopperpot

Put a fork in Lance Broadway. Say hello to Charlotte, you can join Wasserman and Russell.

Matt Cassel's brother Justin coming in for the Sox. Sweeney 7/12 on the spring.

Mike Gellinger (sp?) from the front office (never heard of him b4 today) and Daryl Boston the 3rd and 1st base coaches today. Mark Gonzales seems to be a big fan of his. I guess his book about the Sox from 1959-08 is coming out soon, "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly."

Link for Gonzales' book.

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Ugly-Chicago-Wh...0225&sr=1-2

Cassel not doing very well so far...ugly inning. 4-0 A's now. Another Mike MacDougal sighting.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 03:53 PM)
Agreed, I am looking at individual stats, not team record.

Individual stats are almost as worthless as team stats in Spring Training. It is a terrible time to evaluate, but really the only time you can do so other than September callups and that is almost as useless depending on whether or not your team is in it.

Viciedo just destroyed another ball to CF. That's 2 400+ foot homers in one week.

Wow...he's definitely impressing everyone with his bat and also some patience today.

I'm really starting to wish we'd traded Dye for Bailey (I think Jocketty shot it down, or KW couldn't include cash to subsidize it) and that we could stick Viciedo in LF and Quentin in RF.

Edited by caulfield12

Well, I don't care if we win. I'm just rooting for every Sox player (probably not Owens) to do well in Spring Training. So seeing a young pitcher walk three in an inning is disappointing, even if it is Spring Training. So I don't know. I don't care how the whole team does, but I care about how all the individuals perform, which is kinda contradictory.