Palehose vs. Twinkies 7/29--7:10pm--CSN

Brian

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 03:01 PM)
For the second night in a row I am not going to watch the game. I refuse to watch anymore games of the Sox playing in that dome...I am done with it. Call me a bad fan but I am not going to have any fun watching it or coming on here for soxtalk. Sorry.

I'm with you...I can't watch us play there. As soon as Pods missed that ball last night, I turned on the xbox. I knew it was over then, and we were only tied.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 03:47 PM)
Not when Q is doing his best Wise impression.

He's really not though. He's been hitting the ball better as games go on, looking more comfortable at the plate. The results will show it in due time, unless he reinjures himself.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
But I'd flip TCQ and Ramirez.

Not yet. Q has been hitting the ball better but still hasn't gotten the results. When he does and when he gets into a flow again.. Ozzie should make the move.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 04:13 PM)
In case you missed it, Liriano is officially scrated and Duensing is starting in his place.

Francisco Liriano has been scratched from Wednesday's start due to swelling in his left forearm.

There's no official word on whether or not a DL stint will be required. Left-hander Brian Duensing gets the start in Liriano's place.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 04:13 PM)
In case you missed it, Liriano is officially scrated and Duensing is starting in his place.

And watch we'll still lose. Their team is in shambles and we look like we have no chance against them. So frustrating.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 04:14 PM)
And watch we'll still lose. Their team is in shambles and we look like we have no chance against them. So frustrating.

Shambles may be a bit strong, no? This team was 6 or 7 our and 6 or 7 under in early June, and raced back to tie for 1st, now fell back 2 games with some recent suckage in the past week. Let's not assume we're tanking quite that quick.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 04:16 PM)
Shambles may be a bit strong, no? This team was 6 or 7 our and 6 or 7 under in early June, and raced back to tie for 1st, now fell back 2 games with some recent suckage in the past week. Let's not assume we're tanking quite that quick.

Sorry for the ambiguity. I was referring to the Twins being in shambles.

Brian Duensing, totals this year: 18 IP, 18 hits, 9 BB, 11 ER; career vs. Sox: 2 games, 5.1 IP, 7 hits, 2 ER...

Let's hit this guy early and often, please.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 04:34 PM)
What is the over/under on how many errors we have tonight.

I'm so Soxually frustrated.

Over/under is typically 2.5 but it gets bumped to 3 when playing at the dome.