Athletics (Anderson 2-1, 2.35) @ White Sox (Harrell 0-0, 0.00)

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:53 PM)
QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:51 PM)

But where will Kotsay play?

In Washington

I'll bet that is what is holding up Dunn negotiations. The Nats desperately covet Kotsay's veteran leadership, but Ozzie and Kenny are giving them a big F U.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:51 PM)
Something that has impressed the hell out of me is his pitch recognition. He chases fewer bad pitches than just about anyone on the team.

Yeah, it's not like he strikes out a ton...but he needs to lay off the stuff outside.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:57 AM)
Yeah, it's not like he strikes out a ton...but he needs to lay off the stuff outside.

I know he has a good stroke to the opposite field, but I'd like to see him not swing at pitcher's pitches early in the count. He's had a lot of fly outs to right field, and he's a good enough hitter to control the at bat more.

If I had to choose who to keep between Viciedo and Beckham, I would pick Viciedo everyday and twice on sunday. As long as he stays focused on rightfield and doesn't get pull happy, all signs point to him becoming a great hitter, IMO.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:58 PM)
I know he has a good stroke to the opposite field, but I'd like to see him not swing at pitcher's pitches early in the count. He's had a lot of fly outs to right field, and he's a good enough hitter to control the at bat more.

Exactly...he needs to realize he can destroy pitches in the strike zone if he'll take the pitches off the plate

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:00 PM)
Rumor on Twitter is that Harrell sweats as much, if not more, than Freddy. Can we get confirmation?

Peter Gammons tweeted that Harrell was actually rubbing urine on himself in a bizarre first start ritual, and it was not sweat...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)
His OBP is also .322, unfortunately.

But has only 6 strikeouts in almost 60 AB's, and if you aren't gonna walk a ton, at least he won't K a ton either. Besides, considering he is still only 21, there is hope he will grow more plate discipline as pitchers start to pitch around him more.