9/19 ESPN Sunday Night Baseball- Tigers @ Sox

LittleHurt05

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 12:37 AM)
Who their right mind wants Teahen?

Our GM. I still can't figure what on earth Williams was thinking bringing him in.

As I've said numerous times...Kenny has TOTALLY lost his touch. Either that or he got really lucky before 2005. Since then, he hasn't done jack crap and all too often he obtains players that 'make no sense', very often giving up far too much value in return.

I haven't liked a Williams trade since who knows when. I liked the Garcia to Philly trade, that was the last one I liked.

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 04:38 AM)
If you're dangling Danks or Floyd, someone will probably take his contract just as a "Ok, whatever. Where do I sign"

Man I wouldn't be so confident of that.

Nobody's going to want that piece of s*** baseball player.

He is a fine person, though. I don't dispute that.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 04:40 AM)
Our GM. I still can't figure what on earth Williams was thinking bringing him in.

As I've said numerous times...Kenny has TOTALLY lost his touch. Either that or he got really lucky before 2005. Since then, he hasn't done jack crap and all too often he obtains players that 'make no sense', very often giving up far too much value in return.

I haven't liked a Williams trade since who knows when. I liked the Garcia to Philly trade, that was the last one I liked.

A lot of people on this board didn't mind the acquisition. I got roasted last offseason for blasting the deal repeatedly.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 12:41 AM)
A lot of people on this board didn't mind the acquisition. I got roasted last offseason for blasting the deal repeatedly.

People probably didn't mind it because they figured what we gave up wasn't anything special. Hell, at the time I wasn't that cool on it...i figured Teahen could hit 15 homers, steal 15 bases...15/15 with a .275 BA and decent ability to play several positions is NOT a player teams DONT need...but Teahen didn't even live up to those numbers. And his defense was brutal.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 04:40 AM)
f*** it.. ima create a thread on our placement pick right now. I did it last year....

And greg, we know you want the Sox to win every game, and that you don't think draft placement matters. Please don't hijack that thread, thanks

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 12:43 AM)
People probably didn't mind it because they figured what we gave up wasn't anything special. Hell, at the time I wasn't that cool on it...i figured Teahen could hit 15 homers, steal 15 bases...15/15 with a .275 BA and decent ability to play several positions is NOT a player teams DONT need...but Teahen didn't even live up to those numbers. And his defense was brutal.

I liked the Teahen deal. I still do. What i will never understand is that extension KW signed him to.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 04:45 AM)
And greg, we know you want the Sox to win every game, and that you don't think draft placement matters. Please don't hijack that thread, thanks

Hijacking the thread?

If not for me there wouldn't have been a thread tonight.

Not everyone memorizes my position on topics.

Edited by greg775