Gotta give the O's an "A" for effort...

Wanne

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
Guthrie, Matusz, Bergesen, Tillman, Arrieta? It's not established, but that's at least a young and talented rotation.

Almost all young, talented rotations that succeed, each of the youngsters has had at least a year of moderate success. Maybe next year, I'll change my tune, but this year, I highly, highly doubt it.

Catcher: Matt Wieters

First Base: Derrek Lee

Second Base: Brian Roberts

Third Base: Mark Reynolds

Shortstop: J.J. Hardy/Cesar Izturis

Left Field: Luke Scott/Felix Pie

Center Field: Adam Jones

Right Field:Nick Markakis

Designated Hitter: Vlad

Not a bad lineup if they get production from some underacheivers like Hardy. They may be a team that scores a ton of runs...but they'll need to. Not a good rotation at all. They HAVE to go after one of the remaining FA starters like Bonderman, Millwood or even take a flyer on Sheets.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
They HAVE to go after one of the remaining FA starters like Bonderman, Millwood or even take a flyer on Sheets.

Why?

If you were that franchise, wouldn't you think you'd be better off in the long term putting the kids out there on the mound and trying to develop them, rather than running out Bonderman to take the loss every 5th day for 1/2 the season?

QUOTE (Wanne @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)
Catcher: Matt Wieters

First Base: Derrek Lee

Second Base: Brian Roberts

Third Base: Mark Reynolds

Shortstop: J.J. Hardy/Cesar Izturis

Left Field: Luke Scott/Felix Pie

Center Field: Adam Jones

Right Field:Nick Markakis

Designated Hitter: Vlad

Not a bad lineup if they get production from some underacheivers like Hardy. They may be a team that scores a ton of runs...but they'll need to. Not a good rotation at all. They HAVE to go after one of the remaining FA starters like Bonderman, Millwood or even take a flyer on Sheets.

I would have about as little faith of one of those guys being as good as their young SP prospects.

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 12:37 PM)
The awkward handshake between Luke Scott and Obama after a hypothetical World Series win would be hilarious.

"Congrats on winning the World Series young man. "

"Thank you, Sir. Now can I please see your actual birth certificate before I call you Mr. President?"

:lolhitting

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)
At least they are trying, unlike the Pirates, Indians, Royals, Astros, Marlins, Nats, etc.

Ummm. The Nats were definitely trying this offseason. Signed Werth; were in on Cliff Lee and Zach Grienke. Problem is no one wants to go there.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 07:44 PM)
At least they are trying, unlike the Pirates, Indians, Royals, Astros, Marlins, Nats, etc.

I get what you are saying, but only the Yankees have more WS wins than the Marlins in the last 20 years. And the Indians controlled the AL Central for a pretty long time. The Astros GM tries every year, that's part of the reason they are in such bad shape.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 10:44 PM)
"Congrats on winning the World Series young man. "

"Thank you, Sir. Now can I please see your actual birth certificate before I call you Mr. President?"

:lolhitting

"Hell...um...Mr. President...how are you?"

"b****, here's my birth certificate. Now get out of my country."

And Luke Scott was never seen again.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 11:25 PM)
I get what you are saying, but only the Yankees have more WS wins than the Marlins in the last 20 years. And the Indians controlled the AL Central for a pretty long time. The Astros GM tries every year, that's part of the reason they are in such bad shape.

Yeah, but when will the Marlins spend money on the team and not Loria's art project stadium?

Indians did control the central, but god have they gone downhill. They've traded away two AL Cy Young winners with what to show for it? They got more for Casey-freaking-Blake then they did Cliff Lee or CC Sabathia.

Astros just make bad moves.

As for the Nationals...eh. They go for the big time free agents but none of the glue guys.