*Official* Work Out Thread

maggsmaggs

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 10:19 AM)
Also, anyone who can recommend a good protein supplement that'll also help put on weight, I'd appreciate it.

Sure. What are your goals exactly? What are you looking for in a protein?

And finally, what are your taste preferences?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 10:29 AM)
Sure. What are your goals exactly? What are you looking for in a protein?

And finally, what are your taste preferences?

Well, I'm doing P90X, so that gives you what routine I'm doing.

I'm 6'3" and weight ~160 lbs, so I'm looking to add mass. I've used Muscle Milk in the past (it's what they had at Meijer and I still have a decent amount left). It's the chocolate flavor but I don't really know that I have a preference.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 10:34 AM)
Well, I'm doing P90X, so that gives you what routine I'm doing.

I'm 6'3" and weight ~160 lbs, so I'm looking to add mass. I've used Muscle Milk in the past (it's what they had at Meijer and I still have a decent amount left). It's the chocolate flavor but I don't really know that I have a preference.

That was what I was going to recommend for mass building. They also have Monster Milk, which is ridiculously high in protein and can really help you add some size. They also happen to be the best tasting protein out there, so people really like it. Its not for leaning out which is why some people will rate it negatively.

I really like their cookies and cream flavor as well as peanut butter chocolate.

Here is the Monster Milk

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3592524

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 11:18 AM)
Holy f***! Brandon McCarthy?

I really hope you stick with your workout, though. I only say this because every single weekend I hear of about 5 new people starting P90X and nobody ever seems to follow through on it.

It takes some heart and some serious balls to workout everyday, and especially with the intensity required by P90. Its just like the gym, look at all the new spring time new members and watch them taper off as soon as the end of April hits.

Pretty much the exact same body type. Runs in the family. My grandfather was the same way until he got his beer/whiskey gut and my little brother's the same, too.

I really hope you stick with your workout, though. I only say this because every single weekend I hear of about 5 new people starting P90X and nobody ever seems to follow through on it.

I got through about 3/4's of P90X starting this time last year. Then I went on the road for work for a week, to Mexico for a friend's wedding and was working 70 hours a week when I came back, so I just sort of fell out of it.

It's crazy because that was my initial reaction too. But I'm 6'3 170 now and have a solid amount of muscle and still haven't lost all the fat off my tummy. No idea how that's possible, just an extremely odd body type I guess? It's weird.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 12:31 PM)
It's crazy because that was my initial reaction too. But I'm 6'3 170 now and have a solid amount of muscle and still haven't lost all the fat off my tummy. No idea how that's possible, just an extremely odd body type I guess? It's weird.

Diet, diet, diet. And a s*** load of core work (not crunches)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
Diet, diet, diet. And a s*** load of core work (not crunches)

Oh ya, 'tis what I've been doing. My diet is about as perfect as can be at this point and I work my ass off in the gym every day. I'm getting there, just still have work to do.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
Oh ya, 'tis what I've been doing. My diet is about as perfect as can be at this point and I work my ass off in the gym every day. I'm getting there, just still have work to do.

My weakness is my diet, good most of the time but the random sox game, or weekend totally ruins it. To get really leaned out you need to cut out booze almost 100% which is tough for any of us to do.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 12:31 PM)

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)

Fatty!

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)
My weakness is my diet, good most of the time but the random sox game, or weekend totally ruins it. To get really leaned out you need to cut out booze almost 100% which is tough for any of us to do.

Ya, you don't need to tell me, booze has always been my weakness, as of this Saturday it'll be a month with out it though and still got until the 30th until I even have a sip of liquor, so hoping I can get myself where I want to be by than.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 01:37 PM)
Fatty!

:crying :crying :crying

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 01:55 PM)
Ya, you don't need to tell me, booze has always been my weakness, as of this Saturday it'll be a month with out it though and still got until the 30th until I even have a sip of liquor, so hoping I can get myself where I want to be by than.

:crying :crying :crying

Booze

Tacos

Pizza

In that order for me.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 06:49 PM)
Booze

Tacos

Pizza

In that order for me.

Ha, we're pretty much in the same boat there, except for me it's: Booze and Pizza and then everything else. Also haven't had a slice of pizza in over a month, it's been beyond hard especially when I see some of these damn commercials but I've managed.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 04:21 AM)
I started taking Muscle Milk last week and have been mixing it with chocolate milk because it tastes better than when mixing it with water... Is that okay to do (even though the directions say "mix with water")?

Of course it's "OK", just mind the fact that you're taking in extra sugar.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 02:21 AM)
I started taking Muscle Milk last week and have been mixing it with chocolate milk because it tastes better than when mixing it with water... Is that okay to do (even though the directions say "mix with water")?

My recommendation would be to mix it with skim milk. I take Whey but I can't do it with water as it just tastes awful so I mix it with skim milk, that way I'm still not taking on a lot of the extra bad stuff but it tastes 100 times better.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)

I am good for the alcohol, but it's the night time snacks that get me. I am 5'9", 142 lbs. and run a s*** load. But with the running, I always get the munchies at night. Ice cream, cookies, all that good stuff haha

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 10:41 AM)
Any advice for an alternative to the P90X Yoga? That one is too long and way too boring.

Yes, he has a better yoga routine in his 1 on 1 series. Can you download it? Otherwise I have it as a vid file.

As for the question above. Choc milk is fine to mix with it if you are trying to build mass, the choc milk will actually aid your recovery because of the carbs it contains. However if you are trying to lose weight, you are taking in a ton of extra sugar and calories you prob dont need. In that same thought, muscle milk isnt really great for you if you are trying to lean out.