2011 NFL Lockout Thread

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 12:38 AM)
Im in the camp who thinks some of these things should be said.

No one would mind him calling Gooddell a Dictator or a Puppet.

The homophobic slur doesn't help.

The gun photo is just creepy.

The calling out his teammates in public is completely out of the bounds in pro sportsw.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 09:04 AM)
No one would mind him calling Gooddell a Dictator or a Puppet.

The homophobic slur doesn't help.

The gun photo is just creepy.

The calling out his teammates in public is completely out of the bounds in pro sportsw.

But he's hood certified MAYNE!

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 11:38 PM)
Im in the camp who thinks some of these things should be said.

I guess you'll get along great with James Harrison. But don't come back crying when he decides to share your deepest and darkest secrets with some big name publication.

I guess you'll get along great with James Harrison. But don't come back crying when he decides to share your deepest and darkest secrets with some big name publication.

Well until he does just that I'll keep on appreciating the things he says. Im not holding my breath btw.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 09:37 AM)
Did you know: The Bears have the 2nd most wins in the NFC over the last 6 seasons? (Trailing the Giants by only 1 victory for the highest total)

They can join the Sox in that "highly prestigious" group of teams that are usually good enough to compete but not very seriously. At least the Sox took advantage of their one golden opportunity.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 10:40 AM)
They can join the Sox in that "highly prestigious" group of teams that are usually good enough to compete but not very seriously. At least the Sox took advantage of their one golden opportunity.

I'd say 2 NFC title game appearances and 1 super bowl appearance is pretty serious.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 09:41 AM)
I'd say 2 NFC title game appearances and 1 super bowl appearance is pretty serious.

It's only a dynasty if you win your division every year and get blown out in the first round of the playoffs silly.

I guess what I said about them blowing their chance was wrong. That Colts team was very beatable, but the Bears choked every which way (Grossman dropping, was it, two snaps? Does that even happen twice to most quarterbacks in a SEASON?)

And I believe anyone that truly expected them to beat the Packers in the last NFC Championship was fooling themselves.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 11:21 AM)
I guess what I said about them blowing their chance was wrong. That Colts team was very beatable, but the Bears choked every which way (Grossman dropping, was it, two snaps? Does that even happen twice to most quarterbacks in a SEASON?)

And I believe anyone that truly expected them to beat the Packers in the last NFC Championship was fooling themselves.

So the Bears deserve zero credit for making it to the NFC Championship game, but the Twins are dynastic by winning the AL Central and losing every playoff game? I see.

And that Bears Super Bowl team deserves credit for making it that far despite their QB.

Wait, so anybody who thought they could beat the Packers last year was fooling themselves? Are you serious? Everytime the Bears and Packers play each other, it's a close game and it could go either way. The Packers beat the Bears by 7 points because of a pick-6 by the Bears 3rd string QB. GMAFB

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 11:32 AM)
Wait, so anybody who thought they could beat the Packers last year was fooling themselves? Are you serious? Everytime the Bears and Packers play each other, it's a close game and it could go either way. The Packers beat the Bears by 7 points because of a pick-6 by the Bears 3rd string QB. GMAFB

What they should have done was beat them in the last game of the Reg season to knock them out of the playoffs, but Martz has the Turner curse apparently with his s*** play calling.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 11:43 AM)
What they should have done was beat them in the last game of the Reg season to knock them out of the playoffs, but Martz has the Turner curse apparently with his s*** play calling.

That's my point. But even then, they lost by 4 points and held Jesus Christ Aaron Rodgers to 10 points. Whatever the case may be, it's a battle when those 2 teams play and the game could go either way.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 09:41 AM)

That Super Bowl team was legit, but last year's was a fluke. They needed one playoff victory over the 7-9 Seahawks to get to the NFC Title Game.

Oh man, that NFC Championship Game was f***ing torture.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)
So the Bears deserve zero credit for making it to the NFC Championship game, but the Twins are dynastic by winning the AL Central and losing every playoff game? I see.

And that Bears Super Bowl team deserves credit for making it that far despite their QB.

I didn't say they deserve no credit. I just said they are one of those teams that puts together quality seasons, but they are never really serious threats. The closest comparison is probably actually the Colts.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 12:19 PM)
That Super Bowl team was legit, but last year's was a fluke. They needed one playoff victory over the 7-9 Seahawks to get to the NFL Title Game.

Oh man, that NFC Championship Game was f***ing torture.

Exactly, I think they're just like the Sox in that way. In about the last ten years, they've both had one legitimate team and then another "meh" playoff team. The difference is that the Sox really took advantage.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 12:29 PM)
Exactly, I think they're just like the Sox in that way. In about the last ten years, they've both had one legitimate team and then another "meh" playoff team. The difference is that the Sox really took advantage.

Well, the Bears have had 3 playoff teams in the past 6 years. Two NFC title games & a super bowl app in 5 years is still pretty good I'd say, "fluky" or not. Only two other NFC teams managed that, although they were smart enough to win their Super Bowl.