2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)
All you know is he went out drinking, are you against athletes getting drunk?

Change the subject all you like, but it is telling that after multiple instances of this same variety, no one will publicly defend Patrick Kane, even as media just savages him.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)
All you know is he went out drinking, are you against athletes getting drunk?

Nobody has a problem with partying and having a good time, but come on man, we've got several years now indicating that Kane *might* have a drinking problem in that he drinks too much and he sucks at doing it on top of that.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 15, 2012 -> 01:22 PM)
Nobody has a problem with partying and having a good time, but come on man, we've got several years now indicating that Kane *might* have a drinking problem in that he drinks too much and he sucks at doing it on top of that.

And not to mention puts himself into stupid situations.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 15, 2012 -> 01:08 PM)
You know for a fact his antics have nothing to do with his decline in production, and this garbage season this year? Also, why did he miss 10 games? Some of them were for the "flu."

The Hawks were hesitant to sign him to a long term contract due to his drinking and partying issues.

He missed 9 games in 2010-11. One with an "undisclosed illness", but the other 8 games were consecutive with a knee injury that kept him out 3 weeks. He still averaged a point per game the year after the Cup.

All these claims about Kaner choking women, getting in fights, harassing the police, etc......where is the evidence? Every picture I have seen looks like a young dude getting hammered at a party in his free time. You uptight people seem to just be hoping he did something terrible to prove a point.

Don't believe everything a blacked out college kid anonymously emails to a website and asks for high sums of money for supposed video clips.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 15, 2012 -> 01:50 PM)
All these claims about Kaner choking women, getting in fights, harassing the police, etc......where is the evidence? Every picture I have seen looks like a young dude getting hammered at a party in his free time. You uptight people seem to just be hoping he did something terrible to prove a point.

Don't believe everything a blacked out college kid anonymously emails to a website and asks for high sums of money for supposed video clips.

What did he do exactly in the Limo that had his team and Patrick apologizing last time/

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2012 -> 01:52 PM)
What did he do exactly in the Limo that had his team and Patrick apologizing last time/

I don't know anything about the limo thing other than that picture, which I see nothing wrong with (unless that picture was taken when he was underage, he looks rather young in it), but I know that has nothing to do with the "incident" at hand now.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 15, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
I don't know anything about the limo thing other than that picture, which I see nothing wrong with (unless that picture was taken when he was underage, he looks rather young in it), but I know that has nothing to do with the "incident" at hand now.

And yet the team felt compelled to defend him there.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 15, 2012 -> 01:50 PM)

The kid has done nothing but get worse the last 3 seasons. Meanwhile, his partying ways have increased. If Kane follows a simple development path of a 21 year old who nets 88 points, we'd be looking at a superstar who could have, you know, helped the Blackhawks get a little further this season.

Instead, Kane continues to regress when he should be greatly improving, all the while party party party act like an idiot. How many other young NHL "superstars" do you see getting black out drunk and having multiple people claim he's assaulting a woman, and at best acting like an idiot, taunting cops, and passing out in bars.

I follow sports for one reason - to hope my teams win. When I see a little s*** like Patrick Kane care more about locking down p**** of fat ugly college girls and act like a complete douchebag, it annoys me. That is because we have statistical evidence that he is not applying himself enough to improve at the craft that is giving him millions of dollars.

More power to Patrick, do what you want. I've been rather consistent that I'd like to see him doing that elsewhere.

Joe, we all get it, you're - how old? I seriously have no idea - but you can't even afford a cell phone with a data plan so you can't be old enough to understand. A 23 year old like Patrick Kane - hell, like Slav, where is he (I think he's 22 or 23), understands that it's time to get your ass in gear.

I just don't think you can understand at this point, and you think PK is just cool as hell because he's acting like a complete idiot (and let's not forget putting himself, his career, and the Blackhawks on whole in jeopardy).

PARTY ON WOOOO KANERRRRR

This was OVER TWO YEARS AGO.

"I'm 21 years old, but it's probably time to grow up a little bit," Kane told reporters, adding that the photos were not taken before the Hawks lost 5-1 against the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday.

"For us, obviously, it's not the way we want to represent the team," Kane said. "It's been discussed internally with the team and it's been figured out inside this locker room."

Well, Kaner, apparently you don't give a s***.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 15, 2012 -> 02:00 PM)
The kid has done nothing but get worse the last 3 seasons. Meanwhile, his partying ways have increased. If Kane follows a simple development path of a 21 year old who nets 88 points, we'd be looking at a superstar who could have, you know, helped the Blackhawks get a little further this season.

Instead, Kane continues to regress when he should be greatly improving, all the while party party party act like an idiot. How many other young NHL "superstars" do you see getting black out drunk and having multiple people claim he's assaulting a woman, and at best acting like an idiot, taunting cops, and passing out in bars.

I follow sports for one reason - to hope my teams win. When I see a little s*** like Patrick Kane care more about locking down p**** of fat ugly college girls and act like a complete douchebag, it annoys me. That is because we have statistical evidence that he is not applying himself enough to improve at the craft that is giving him millions of dollars.

More power to Patrick, do what you want. I've been rather consistent that I'd like to see him doing that elsewhere.

Joe, we all get it, you're - how old? I seriously have no idea - but you can't even afford a cell phone with a data plan so you can't be old enough to understand. A 23 year old like Patrick Kane - hell, like Slav, where is he (I think he's 22 or 23), understands that it's time to get your ass in gear.

I just don't think you can understand at this point, and you think PK is just cool as hell because he's acting like a complete idiot (and let's not forget putting himself, his career, and the Blackhawks on whole in jeopardy).

PARTY ON WOOOO KANERRRRR

I'd add on, but you covered everything. Of course, none of your rambling makes sense to coolmanjoe, we're just the old people that don't get it.

PARTY ON WOOOO KANERRRRR

He has had one down season, which immediately followed offseason wrist surgery, and he was also flip flopping in between center & wing all year.

From the 88 point year to the next, he went from 1.07 pts/G to an even 1.0, which isn't bad, especially considering the long Cup run, the dismantling of the team, and missing 8 games due to a knee injury.

BLAME IT ON THE ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2012 -> 01:18 PM)
Change the subject all you like, but it is telling that after multiple instances of this same variety, no one will publicly defend Patrick Kane, even as media just savages him.

How is that changing the subject? We have photos of him getting drunk, you have a problem with that and cannot understand why the Hawks havent come out and said, Kane got drunk, we support him. So if you have an issue with his actions you clearly have an issue with something related to Athletes getting drunk.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 15, 2012 -> 01:22 PM)

A drinking problem? We have what, 5 occasions where the kid has been photographed drinking or drunk, 5 cases over several years is a drinking problem now? He didnt do anything illegal, wasnt charged with a DUI, assault, trespassing, discharging a firearm, or anything of the kind yet you condemn him? Athletes are people just like you and me and if they want to go out and act like a normal kid their age so be it, so many of these guys are stressed by not being able to act a fool once in awhile within the law, more power to the guys who will. Unfortunately Kane is one that has been placed in a category due to his actions a few years ago so now any time he gets drunk people make it into a bigger story than it is.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)
How is that changing the subject? We have photos of him getting drunk, you have a problem with that and cannot understand why the Hawks havent come out and said, Kane got drunk, we support him. So if you have an issue with his actions you clearly have an issue with something related to Athletes getting drunk.

A drinking problem? We have what, 5 occasions where the kid has been photographed drinking or drunk, 5 cases over several years is a drinking problem now? He didnt do anything illegal, wasnt charged with a DUI, assault, trespassing, discharging a firearm, or anything of the kind yet you condemn him? Athletes are people just like you and me and if they want to go out and act like a normal kid their age so be it, so many of these guys are stressed by not being able to act a fool once in awhile within the law, more power to the guys who will. Unfortunately Kane is one that has been placed in a category due to his actions a few years ago so now any time he gets drunk people make it into a bigger story than it is.

And vice versa for those who will defend his drunken frat boys ways.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2012 -> 02:14 PM)
And vice versa for those who will defend his drunken frat boys ways.

AH yes, nothing like trying to take a shot at a whole population of fraternity members. Painting with a broad brush are we?

By that statement I supposed you DO agree that athletes shouldnt get drunk? Or at least dont get wasted and photographed?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2012 -> 02:17 PM)
AH yes, nothing like trying to take a shot at a whole population of fraternity members. Painting with a broad brush are we?

By that statement I supposed you DO agree that athletes shouldnt get drunk? Or at least dont get wasted and photographed?

I DO suppose you could find where I ever said that? Or that there is a massive difference between "getting drunk" and "Patrick Kane"? It would be like equating getting high once in a while with an old fashioned Josh Hamilton binge night.

PARTY ON WOOOO KANERRRRR

Lot of interesting things here....

1) I have no idea if other young NHLers go out and have fun and get drunk. But if they do, who am I to care? Go for it, have fun, just try not to get in trouble, or let it effect your playing career. Do you KNOW that Kane acting like someone his age would has somehow made him forget how to play hockey? No. But you are going to grasp at the first thing you can to try and figure it out. If we found out Kaner was a huge D&D fan, I'm sure you would try and say that it's ruining his career. Just like how ESPN is trying to say that Ovechkin living at home with his mom is making him into an average player. Grasping for answers.

2) For someone who is choosing to believe everything he reads from blacked out college kids, you sure do like to ignore the fact that most testimonies said he was banging hot, good looking girls. Not that their looks are any of our business, but you seem intent on trying to pick certain parts of the stories you've read, while completely ignoring other parts.

3) I think myself being nearly 22 years old means I understand how people our age act. I go to college, a party school at that, so I kind of understand how college parties work. People get drunk, people get annoying, people take a bunch of drunk pictures. That's all we really know about Patrick Kane's weekend. Oh, and he and his crew all wore similar attire (Looked like a Beer Olympics type-thing to me).

Party on, Kaner.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 15, 2012 -> 02:10 PM)
He has had one down season, which immediately followed offseason wrist surgery, and he was also flip flopping in between center & wing all year.

From the 88 point year to the next, he went from 1.07 pts/G to an even 1.0, which isn't bad, especially considering the long Cup run, the dismantling of the team, and missing 8 games due to a knee injury.

BLAME IT ON THE ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!

You are such a trail blazing partier.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2012 -> 02:22 PM)
I DO suppose you could find where I ever said that? Or that there is a massive difference between "getting drunk" and "Patrick Kane"? It would be like equating getting high once in a while with an old fashioned Josh Hamilton binge night.

So what is the difference? Athletes shouldn't get blacked out and photographed? Is that basically your stance here?

And Josh Hamilton was a habitual drug user who was addicted and had to go to rehab, do you think Patrick Kane is a habitual alcohol user that has a chemical and mental dependency on the drug? Is that your view?