2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to interrupt the Kaner alcholism/sweathogging conversation, but an #8 seed is about the make the Finals and probably be the favorite, crazy stuff. The Kings look good, think they just major under acheived in the regular season. Even with all the upsets every year, no seed higher than a #5 has ever won the Cup.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 17, 2012 -> 10:54 PM)
Sorry to interrupt the Kaner alcholism/sweathogging conversation, but an #8 seed is about the make the Finals and probably be the favorite, crazy stuff. The Kings look good, think they just major under acheived in the regular season. Even with all the upsets every year, no seed higher than a #5 has ever won the Cup.

During the season the Kings would've struggled to score a goal with a HS goalie in net. It was bizarre.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 17, 2012 -> 10:54 PM)

They were really struggling to score all season. The Jeff Carter trade, as insignificant as it seemed when it happened, added something they really needed, although not from Carter himself. Dustin Brown started scoring like crazy when the Kings got Carter, and it's being said that he was motivated by rumors that Carter was brought in to make him expendable.

Plus, Jon Quick has played out of his mind outside of a couple brain farts in Game 1 of this series.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 15, 2012 -> 02:22 PM)
3) I think myself being nearly 22 years old means I understand how people our age act. I go to college, a party school at that, so I kind of understand how college parties work. People get drunk, people get annoying, people take a bunch of drunk pictures. That's all we really know about Patrick Kane's weekend. Oh, and he and his crew all wore similar attire (Looked like a Beer Olympics type-thing to me).

Party on, Kaner.

Haha I'm 22. I just graduated College, sure I can go out and drink(like I will tonight) but it's no longer socially acceptable to go out and get smashed and blacked out. Those days are over.

Kane is 23(?) those days are over for him as well. Enjoy being 21 and most likely your last year of college because after that its expected that you grow up.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 15, 2012 -> 02:36 PM)
3) No, I act like YOU don't understand college, because clearly you don't. If you did, you would realize that getting drunk and being in pictures is a weekly occurrence. Anything else is just speculation and something there is no evidence of. Show me pictures of videos of Kaner at Madison choking girls, getting in fights, harassing the police, ANYTHING. Post 'em, come on, you seem so sure of it all.

Everything you said about college is correct, but guess what Kane isn't in it he's an employed adult.

I'm sorry I missed this thread for a while. This is a fun discussion.

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 18, 2012 -> 05:06 PM)
Haha I'm 22. I just graduated College, sure I can go out and drink(like I will tonight) but it's no longer socially acceptable to go out and get smashed and blacked out. Those days are over.

Kane is 23(?) those days are over for him as well. Enjoy being 21 and most likely your last year of college because after that its expected that you grow up.

Expected of him, but won't happen for a long time, if ever.

Man, someone should go back and tell 21 year old me I should have grown up, because that was almost 10 years ago, and every once in a while my friends and I go crazy.

That being said, Im not stupid enough to put my name on my back as a famous athlete and publicize my stupidity. I dont even have a facebook profile just so that its much harder for random people to find out what Im doing.

He just needs to be less visible because hes already got a rep.

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 18, 2012 -> 05:06 PM)

Those days never really happened for him. He didn't have a college experience. He had a career since he was 19.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 18, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)
This.

Of who, me? I rarely even drink. Maybe once a week. I am easily the most responsible of all my friends. Never been in trouble with the cops for anything, never even had a driving ticket. Didn't start drinking until I was 20. And I hate frats and most of the people who act like it.

Try again though, it's funny when you pretend to know me and you are horribly mistaken.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 19, 2012 -> 12:23 AM)
Of who, me? I rarely even drink. Maybe once a week. I am easily the most responsible of all my friends. Never been in trouble with the cops for anything, never even had a driving ticket. Didn't start drinking until I was 20. And I hate frats and most of the people who act like it.

Try again though, it's funny when you pretend to know me and you are horribly mistaken.

Damn bro, live a little :)

Nice article by Haugh a couple days ago on Kane. Actually dug up his own research on that incident. Some bits..

I reached out to a witness who claimed on Deadspin.com he saw Kane choke a woman at a fraternity party, but the young man, a suburban high school student according to his Twitter profile, didn't reply.

Joel DeSpain, public information officer for the Madison Police Department, told the Tribune that Sgt. Kelly Donahue broke up an altercation between Kane and another partygoer outside a bar but Donahue "told (Kane) to move on and he did without problems.''

The president of the sorority house identified as a place Kane "disappeared into,'' clarified to the Tribune that "nothing related to Patrick Kane happened at my sorority.'' The woman, unhappy over unwanted publicity, asked that neither her name nor her sorority's name be used.

Jordan Meier had similar concerns but felt stronger that reports had mischaracterized Kane's weekend. Meier owns the Kollege Klub, the campus bar where Kane was photographed looking over-served. He confirmed seeing Kane on Friday and Saturday but denied Kane's presence created a ruckus.

"I'd say that's overblown and dramatized because of his name,'' Meier said. "He was never removed from the bar. He was never in a situation where my staff intervened. I talked to people who worked for me all weekend and the kid didn't do anything bad here.''

Well look at that. Deadspin not a believable site for s***. What a surprise.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 19, 2012 -> 01:48 AM)
Damn bro, live a little :)

I just find the taste of alcohol unappealing. A lot of college kids I know try to pretend they love the taste of it and drink it all day, but I find it hard to believe. I would take a can of pop over a beer every day of my life. I only drink to get drunk, or after my softball games when the whole team goes to the bar, I'll go and put down a few Rolling Rocks just as a courtesy.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 19, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)
I just find the taste of alcohol unappealing. A lot of college kids I know try to pretend they love the taste of it and drink it all day, but I find it hard to believe. I would take a can of pop over a beer every day of my life. I only drink to get drunk, or after my softball games when the whole team goes to the bar, I'll go and put down a few Rolling Rocks just as a courtesy.

Look around I'm sure you can find a drink or drinks that you actually like the taste of.

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 20, 2012 -> 03:35 AM)
Look around I'm sure you can find a drink or drinks that you actually like the taste of.

So far Woodchuck is the closest thing to beer that I actually like. I can deal with Rolling Rock. Usually when I get schmammered at school it's with Pinnacle whipped Vodka and orange juice. Or when my buddies and I make a huge batch of Apple Pie.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 19, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)

A bit late to the party, I respect that. I found myself like alcohol more as I got older. Also drinking is not for everybody unfortunately.