2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 15, 2012 -> 02:22 PM)
1) I have no idea if other young NHLers go out and have fun and get drunk. But if they do, who am I to care?

If they acted like Kaner, you would know about it. Kane's production has dropped 25% since his peak at TWENTY ONE YEARS OF AGE. That's enough for me.

2) For someone who is choosing to believe everything he reads from blacked out college kids, you sure do like to ignore the fact that most testimonies said he was banging hot, good looking girls. Not that their looks are any of our business, but you seem intent on trying to pick certain parts of the stories you've read, while completely ignoring other parts.

kaneshirtless.jpg

Dogs

3) I think myself being nearly 22 years old means I understand how people our age act. I go to college, a party school at that, so I kind of understand how college parties work. People get drunk, people get annoying, people take a bunch of drunk pictures. That's all we really know about Patrick Kane's weekend. Oh, and he and his crew all wore similar attire (Looked like a Beer Olympics type-thing to me).

Dude, you act like no one else here understands college. I was there quite recently. Kane himself said it was time to grow up, as he represents the Blackhawks.

PARTY ON WOOOO PARTY YEAHHH

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 15, 2012 -> 02:30 PM)
If they acted like Kaner, you would know about it. Kane's production has dropped 25% since his peak at TWENTY ONE YEARS OF AGE. That's enough for me.

kaneshirtless.jpg

Dogs

Dude, you act like no one else here understands college. I was there quite recently. Kane himself said it was time to grow up, as he represents the Blackhawks.

PARTY ON WOOOO PARTY YEAHHH

Nice baseless post here.

1) You again failed to mention how you know him going to parties every once and a while has made him a worse player. You have no idea, you are just making any connection you can. Weak, weak argument. Hell, it's not even an argument because arguments generally have 2 sides. You HAVE no side here, just empty assumptions.

2) You are having trouble staying on topic here. We are talking about the party in Madison, not some random pic taken a few years ago. *snap snap* Stay on topic.

3) No, I act like YOU don't understand college, because clearly you don't. If you did, you would realize that getting drunk and being in pictures is a weekly occurrence. Anything else is just speculation and something there is no evidence of. Show me pictures of videos of Kaner at Madison choking girls, getting in fights, harassing the police, ANYTHING. Post 'em, come on, you seem so sure of it all.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 15, 2012 -> 02:30 PM)
Kane himself said it was time to grow up, as he represents the Blackhawks.

So is it your opinion that what he really did wrong was getting drunk in public, or getting photographed doing that, or both?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2012 -> 02:30 PM)
Why resort to one word baseless posts and personal attacks? I dont get it.

Why resort to lumping a one-word baseless post with personal attacks? That's quite a leap.

Patrick Kane drunk party posts - 250

Steven Stamkos drunk party posts - 0

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 15, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
Why resort to lumping a one-word baseless post with personal attacks? That's quite a leap.

Patrick Kane drunk party posts - 250

Steven Stamkos drunk party posts - 0

I obviously wasnt resorting to your posts towards me.

ANd not sure what your fake stats are showing there. Kane gets photographed drunk and others dont?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 15, 2012 -> 02:36 PM)
No, I act like YOU don't understand college, because clearly you don't. If you did, you would realize that getting drunk and being in pictures is a weekly occurrence. Anything else is just speculation and something there is no evidence of. Show me pictures of videos of Kaner at Madison choking girls, getting in fights, harassing the police, ANYTHING. Post 'em, come on, you seem so sure of it all.

I absolutely understand college.

Tell me what college Patrick Kane is attending, again?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 15, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
The problem is you aren't Patrick Kane. Patrick Kane is the one of the most visible faces of a multi million dollar franchise, and represents himself and the organization he plays for. He is getting paid millions of dollars a year to perform at the highest level, and is one of the faces of the NHL.

Having all that comes at a cost. Sorry Kane can't party like he would like to, but that is the price signing a 50 million dollar contract comes with.

I can agree with this perspective and I think that it's great that you posted this because it shows an actual stance on what he did instead of what was rumored and probably isnt true. He probably shouldnt be getting blacked out, but especially shouldnt be in an area where he can be photographed in that state.

With that said I have a few pro athlete acquaintances and I can see how they once in awhile want to step out of that box and let loose. The problem with Kane is that when he does it people take it alot further than when someone else does like Jake Peavy. That thread is about one page of people making fun of the girls he's hitting on.

Edited by RockRaines

This right here is the biggest thing you aren't grasping. You just compared yourself to Patrick Kane.

You are a 21 year old college student that goes to college, attends parties and has a good time. That's not a problem.

The problem is you aren't Patrick Kane. Patrick Kane is the one of the most visible faces of a multi million dollar franchise, and represents himself and the organization he plays for. He is getting paid millions of dollars a year to perform at the highest level, and is one of the faces of the NHL.

Having all that comes at a cost. Sorry Kane can't party like he would like to, but that is the price signing a 50 million dollar contract comes with.

Ok, yes, see this is a perfectly reasonable response. Good post.

This right here is the biggest thing you aren't grasping. You just compared yourself to Patrick Kane.

You are a 21 year old college student that goes to college, attends parties and has a good time. That's not a problem.

Also a real good post.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2012 -> 02:43 PM)
I can agree with this perspective and I think that it's great that you posted this because it shows an actual stance on what he did instead of what was rumored and probably isnt true. He probably shouldnt be getting blacked out, but especially shouldnt be in an area where he can be photographed in that state.

With that said I have a few pro athlete acquaintances and I can see how they once in awhile want to step out of that box and let loose. The problem with Kane is that when he does it people take it alot further than when someone else does like Jake Peavy. That thread is about one page of people making fun of the girls he's hitting on.

Funny that this post wasn't good enough, then.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 15, 2012 -> 02:00 PM)
The kid has done nothing but get worse the last 3 seasons. Meanwhile, his partying ways have increased. If Kane follows a simple development path of a 21 year old who nets 88 points, we'd be looking at a superstar who could have, you know, helped the Blackhawks get a little further this season.

Instead, Kane continues to regress when he should be greatly improving, all the while party party party act like an idiot. How many other young NHL "superstars" do you see getting black out drunk and having multiple people claim he's assaulting a woman, and at best acting like an idiot, taunting cops, and passing out in bars.

I follow sports for one reason - to hope my teams win. When I see a little s*** like Patrick Kane care more about locking down p**** of fat ugly college girls and act like a complete douchebag, it annoys me. That is because we have statistical evidence that he is not applying himself enough to improve at the craft that is giving him millions of dollars.

More power to Patrick, do what you want. I've been rather consistent that I'd like to see him doing that elsewhere.

Joe, we all get it, you're - how old? I seriously have no idea - but you can't even afford a cell phone with a data plan so you can't be old enough to understand. A 23 year old like Patrick Kane - hell, like Slav, where is he (I think he's 22 or 23), understands that it's time to get your ass in gear.

I just don't think you can understand at this point, and you think PK is just cool as hell because he's acting like a complete idiot (and let's not forget putting himself, his career, and the Blackhawks on whole in jeopardy).

PARTY ON WOOOO KANERRRRR

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 15, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
Funny that this post wasn't good enough, then.

Good enough for what?

I have no issue with people thinking that athletes should get drunk in public or at least dont get your picture taken. When ridiculous claims are brought in like addiction, alcoholism, not practicing his craft, thats when things are a bit ridiculous IMO. Thats ignoring facts for fiction which seems to happen quite a bit when speaking about several athletes particularly Kane. If Jake Peavy wasnt dealing this year I'm sure the thread with him drinking would be the "cause" of his struggles and he would now have a serious drinking problem.

You know what, i had to edit this as I dont want to bring in the personal attacks that have been made, but its clear some of your posts have been more that than substance.

Edited by RockRaines

We all saw Kaner at the championship rally two years ago with our own eyes and ears. Sure, he was young and had just won the Stanley Cup, but can anyone recall any of the Bulls publically acting like that during their championship celebrations? Any of the 2005 White Sox? Even if you excuse that very public, sorry-ass embarrassment as just excessive celebration, its now become the third in a series of well-publicized incidents that includes the Buffalo cab, the Vancouver limo, and this Madison crap. That pretty much seems like a pattern to me.

I hope that these incidents and his apparent failure to live up to his potential are just coincidental. They certainly could be, but I don’t think they are.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 15, 2012 -> 03:23 PM)
We all saw Kaner at the championship rally two years ago with our own eyes and ears. Sure, he was young and had just won the Stanley Cup, but can anyone recall any of the Bulls publically acting like that during their championship celebrations? Any of the 2005 White Sox? Even if you excuse that very public, sorry-ass embarrassment as just excessive celebration, its now become the third in a series of well-publicized incidents that includes the Buffalo cab, the Vancouver limo, and this Madison crap. That pretty much seems like a pattern to me.

I hope that these incidents and his apparent failure to live up to his potential are just coincidental. They certainly could be, but I don’t think they are.

Jordan has done much worse than have one legal incident and what you listed as 2 parties. Jordan was out gambling all night before playoff games. But he's Michael Jordan, so its all good.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2012 -> 03:32 PM)
Ha, after looking for the exact games that Jordan was partying before I found this page:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/710162-...ht-with/page/26

Alot of chicago or former chicago athletes in there

I don't remember MJ's performance ever backsliding much when he was winning his multiple titles and MVPs; certainly not to the degree Kaner's has over the last two seasons.

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 15, 2012 -> 05:23 PM)
I don't remember MJ's performance ever backsliding much when he was winning his multiple titles and MVPs; certainly not to the degree Kaner's over the last two seasons.

That's the real issue though isn't it...no one would care about Kane "embarrassing the team" off the ice if he was consistently improving and had become one of the best players in the league.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 15, 2012 -> 04:23 PM)
I don't remember MJ's performance ever backsliding much when he was winning his multiple titles and MVPs; certainly not to the degree Kaner's has over the last two seasons.

Exactly, as long as he performed it was ok, which makes me wonder if people are more upset about his partying or the fact he hasnt been as good lately.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2012 -> 04:25 PM)
Exactly, as long as he performed it was ok, which makes me wonder if people are more upset about his partying or the fact he hasnt been as good lately.

Well, he has certainly opened himself up to that kind of speculation and criticism, but you’re right; It’s hypocritical for it to only be an issue after first-round playoff exits. Personally, I see cause for concern regardless.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 15, 2012 -> 04:23 PM)

One bad season at age 23 after having wrist surgery and being jerked around spots inthe lineup???

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 15, 2012 -> 04:54 PM)
Well, he has certainly opened himself up to that kind of speculation and criticism, but you’re right; It’s hypocritical for it to only be an issue after first-round playoff exits. Personally, I see cause for concern regardless.

It hasn't. It has been an issue since his incident in Buffalo.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 15, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)
One bad season at age 23 after having wrist surgery and being jerked around spots inthe lineup???

His point production has dropped each of the last two years, and is down 25% from two years ago.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2012 -> 05:02 PM)
It hasn't. It has been an issue since his incident in Buffalo.

Overall, I agree. Those who are coming out of the woodwork over these latest pictures are late to the "party." I noted Buffalo as part of a pattern in an earlier post.