7/7: White Sox vs The "Golden Sponge Cakes with Creamy Fillings&q

QUOTE (tpezz27 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
Tonight's lineup.

1. Juan Pierre (L) LF

2. Omar Vizquel (S) 3B

3. Paul Konerko ® 1B

4. Adam Dunn (L) DH

5. Alex Rios ® CF

6. A.J. Pierzynski (L) C

7. Alexei Ramirez ® SS

8. Mark Teahen (L) RF

9. Gordon Beckham ® 2B

We can't even get our All Star into the lineup against a fierce division rival?

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My lineup: Lexi, Beckham, Paulie, Quentin, AJ or Castro, Rios, Pierre, Dunn, Morel.

vs. Ozzie's lineup

1. Juan Pierre (L) LF

2. Omar Vizquel (S) 3B

3. Paul Konerko ® 1B

4. Adam Dunn (L) DH

5. Alex Rios ® CF

6. A.J. Pierzynski (L) C

7. Alexei Ramirez ® SS

8. Mark Teahen (L) RF

9. Gordon Beckham

Mine is better.

If CQ isn't hurt, Oz should be fired right now.

I'd still rather have him in there than Teahen.

I hope Teahen steps up. I mean he's a well paid man. Get a few f***ing hits in a big game, even though records-wise, these are two mediocre teams taking the field.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
Yeah so? Dunn was 0-infinity against left-handers but Ozzie kept trotting him out there.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just putting that out there. Quentin and Konerko should be playing every day. They are all that we got and Alexei.

Edited by GoSox05

Yeah so? Dunn was 0-infinity against left-handers but Ozzie kept trotting him out there.

So take shots at him when he is right and wrong? That just gets redundant. Ozzie sucks we get it. Why kill him now too?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
So take shots at him when he is right and wrong? That just gets redundant. Ozzie sucks we get it. Why kill him now too?

You're replacing your All Star slugger with a .217 hitter. Seems like this game is a must win to set the tone for the series. It's not like we've had it easy against the Twins in recent years.

Yes, but Dunn still has a career .228 average & .797 OPS vs. LHP. Quentin has never in his entire career even reached base vs. Pavano.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
Yes, but Dunn still has a career .228 average & .797 OPS vs. LHP. Quentin has never in his entire career even reached base vs. Pavano.

I mean really...17 ABs is like 3 games.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
You're replacing your All Star slugger with a .217 hitter. Seems like this game is a must win to set the tone for the series. It's not like we've had it easy against the Twins in recent years.

I know slam him even when stats show why he is doing it, even though he is usually accused of not paying attention to stats. Fire everyone, we get it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
I know slam him even when stats show why he is doing it, even though he is usually accused of not paying attention to stats. Fire everyone, we get it.

So basically Q is hitless in about 3 or 3.5 games worth of ABs against Pavano? Pretty miniscule sample size.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 09:19 PM)

Even though I prefer CQ, I just hope Teahen steps up.

I mean there's no law that says he can't stroke 3 hits or hit two bombs.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
So basically Q is hitless in about 3 or 3.5 games worth of ABs against Pavano? Pretty miniscule sample size.

I'm sure you weren't complaining about Dunns numbers when he was 0-17 versus lefties...

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)

I mean really...17 ABs is like 3 games.

You are gonna trust 57 ABs instead of 1626 ABs and never let Dunn face a lefty again?

Carlos hasn't hit a homer in a month either, it's not like he's on fire.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)

Sqwert, southsider owned you on this one. Take it like a man-poster.

Let's just hope Teahen steps up. CQ has been hopeless vs. Carl so can't you just hope for Teahen to hit 2 bombs instead of 3 DPs?

Ozzie is following the stats on this one and CQ has been scuffling a lot.

I said Oz should be fired for this one, until I saw the 0-17.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 03:27 PM)
You are gonna trust 57 ABs instead of 1626 ABs and never let Dunn face a lefty again?

Carlos hasn't hit a homer in a month either, it's not like he's on fire.

Good points. Luckily we have a hot hitting Teahen to sub in his place.

Does anyone think we are going to play differently against the Twins? It's going to be the same ol BS. Unless the Sox prove they can put up a fight against them and not lie down before the series even starts, this is the most logical way of thinking.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 03:56 PM)
Does anyone think we are going to play differently against the Twins? It's going to be the same ol BS. Unless the Sox prove they can put up a fight against them and not lie down before the series even starts, this is the most logical way of thinking.

At least our pitching looked decent last time we faced them. Hopefully that continues.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
I'm calling 3 out of 4 for the good guys. Sox still won't hit, but our pitching will carry us.

I hope you're right. That would be a terrific way to the end the 1st half.