7/7: White Sox vs The "Golden Sponge Cakes with Creamy Fillings&q

When your team is struggling to score runs, I don't like the logic of putting someone onto the field who is your worst defensive OFer in Teahen.

Sure, Kubel/Span/Morneau/Young are all out of the line-up, diminishing the probability of a majority of the balls being hit to RF, but there just seems to be a law of probability in this series that whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.

I know that Quentin's been struggling, 0 for 17 against Pavano, etc., but you should go down with your best players on the field. Teahen just hasn't had enough regular playing time to come in against a pitcher like Pavano...we'll see.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 04:36 PM)
When your team is struggling to score runs, I don't like the logic of putting someone onto the field who is your worst defensive OFer in Teahen.

Sure, Kubel/Span/Morneau/Young are all out of the line-up, diminishing the probability of a majority of the balls being hit to RF, but there just seems to be a law of probability in this series that whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.

I know that Quentin's been struggling, 0 for 17 against Pavano, etc., but you should go down with your best players on the field. Teahen just hasn't had enough regular playing time to come in against a pitcher like Pavano...we'll see.

Because Quentin is the best defensive OFer??? I'm sure he's better than Teahen but is it really that big of a difference?

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 06:02 PM)
And once again it's time for all of Chicago media to stoke the fires of infatuation for the Twins franchise, disregarding of course that they have been an awful baseball team this season...

Tell that to the White Sox :unsure:

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
Does anyone think we are going to play differently against the Twins? It's going to be the same ol BS. Unless the Sox prove they can put up a fight against them and not lie down before the series even starts, this is the most logical way of thinking.

No.

You would think the law of averages would kick in and the fact the games are in Chicago would guarantee at least a split against a godawful Twins team, but the fact remains they own us. They continue to play with the house's money against us. No pressure, just laugh in our faces as they beat us. We have to work extra hard to turn this around vs. them and our guys seem too laid back to do something like work extra hard (aside from our awesome pitchers).

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 03:56 PM)
Does anyone think we are going to play differently against the Twins? It's going to be the same ol BS. Unless the Sox prove they can put up a fight against them and not lie down before the series even starts, this is the most logical way of thinking.

Yes. Call me crazy, but with the feel-good vibes going around the clubhouse right now after getting Paulie into the All Star game, I see the team coming out with a little spring in their step. Plus, after Blackburn basically ridiculed them publicly for being incapable of adjusting in game, I think they may actually have some bulletin board material this time. I just feel good about this series. :gosox1:

QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 05:42 PM)
Yes. Call me crazy, but with the feel-good vibes going around the clubhouse right now after getting Paulie into the All Star game, I see the team coming out with a little spring in their step. Plus, after Blackburn basically ridiculed them publicly for being incapable of adjusting in game, I think they may actually have some bulletin board material this time. I just feel good about this series. :gosox1:

I have the same feeling

QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)

We've seen this before, like when Hunter ran over Jamie Burke.

They just have never responded well to the Twins in the 2nd half with the exception of Game 163.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 06:04 PM)
I have absolutely zero confidence in the Sox winning this series.

Then root for the twinks.

Sorry, but I'm tired of the negativity and the fact that most people on here behave (pack it in) exactly as the Sox do when the Twins come to town. Buck up. Have some confidence. And for Christ sakes quit acting like the Twins are the almighty. They have our number and have had for awhile. It stops tonight! :gosox1:

My girlfriend said yesterday, "Why don't the players just retire? Why don't they find better players? Why don't you like a better team?"

This was after I had explained to her why I kept following a team that loses more often than winning....and how there were still 3 full months of games (and potential suffering) to come.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 06:20 PM)
My girlfriend said yesterday, "Why don't the players just retire? Why don't they find better players? Why don't you like a better team?"

This was after I had explained to her why I kept following a team that loses more often than winning....and how there were still 3 full months of games (and potential suffering) to come.

It would be a very different game if the highest paid guys were making $3 million a year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 06:20 PM)

Lol, it's comments like those that will make you want to retire your girlfriend and find a better player.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 06:12 PM)
Then root for the twinks.

Sorry, but I'm tired of the negativity and the fact that most people on here behave (pack it in) exactly as the Sox do when the Twins come to town. Buck up. Have some confidence. And for Christ sakes quit acting like the Twins are the almighty. They have our number and have had for awhile. It stops tonight! :gosox1:

Been there done that. And they still can't beat them.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 11:46 PM)
I can't wait to see greg's posts tonight. I've got cheese popcorn and two forties. I'm ready to go.

I'm right there with you. I'm actually excited for this series, as I think the Sox will win 3 of 4.

Who's this kid Zack or Zach McAllister with CLE?

Major league debut tonight against the Blue Jays. He's from somewhere in Illinois.

The best is yet to come. This place will really explode if we lost the first two in the series, putting them within 1 1/2 games.

Whatever happens, I hope it's dramatic. 3-1 or 4-0 for either team. Of course, with the way this season is going a split is much more likely.

I have no clue what to expect, actually.

Edited by caulfield12

Uh-oh, Crede and Morel would have had it, lol.

He doesn't have the arm he used to have to make any type of throw with something on it to get Revere.

How many pitches before the stolen base?

What new?

Twins' ball. I will be shocked if they don't get the runner in from 3B.

Edited by caulfield12