Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for a decent / cheapish place to stay in Chicago over the June 8 - June 11 weekend (besides the Hostel International), does anyone have any potential recommendations?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 9, 2012 -> 10:15 AM)
LittleHurt05's Life Lesson of the Day: Never, ever, ever step foot on a Russian aircraft.

Russia really has never figured out how to fly. They should stop. Call it a day, invest in trains.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 9, 2012 -> 11:46 AM)
Russia really has never figured out how to fly. They should stop. Call it a day, invest in trains.

But they sure kick our ass in the space program. :(

(Not really, but no one gives a s*** about ours anymore).

What the hell is ProFlowers.com's business model? I ordered a mother's day bouquet for my mom and sister and according to FedEx tracking, one is being shipped from Ohio and the other from Indianapolis. They both live in Chicago. Aren't there florists in Chicago they could use to save on transportation costs?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 10, 2012 -> 11:30 AM)
What the hell is ProFlowers.com's business model? I ordered a mother's day bouquet for my mom and sister and according to FedEx tracking, one is being shipped from Ohio and the other from Indianapolis. They both live in Chicago. Aren't there florists in Chicago they could use to save on transportation costs?

When I have used 1800FLOWERS they have been great. Use local shops. Don't know anything about PROFLOWERS.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 10, 2012 -> 11:33 AM)
When I have used 1800FLOWERS they have been great. Use local shops. Don't know anything about PROFLOWERS.

The one time I used 1800FLOWERS the flowers came in a box and half were dead.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 10, 2012 -> 12:08 PM)
If you have a local florist, cut out the middle man, and use them. Keep the money local.

Now I only use Addison/Ashland florist. Several locations around the city and no problems at all yet.