2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 10:30 AM)
Steve,

Help me with Justified. I like it but not gonna watch first two seasons until April when I am out of commission for a bit. Too many bad guys for me to follow. Cliff notes Please.

This would take a long, long time.

Boyd is good/bad. Bad season one, somewhat good season 2, seemingly good/bad season 3. He and Raylan worked in the coal mines together, so they have an understanding so to speak. Raylan grew up in Harlan County, got out, as a Marshall developed a reputation for pulling his gun too swiftly, shot a baddie in Miami which was TOTALLY JUSTIFIED HOLY SH*T SHOW TITLE. However, too many shootings so they sent him to Harlan to get his head on straight and work where not so much bad things go down.

However, PLENTY of bad things go down. That's why we need Marshalls there!

Speaking of US Marshalls in Harlan County, Art is hilarious, but don't be fooled... he is great at his job. Pretty much any marshall on the show rocks. Dickie Bennett (guy from Lost) had a storied season 2, his mom was the big villain of the season. She drank warm apple pie and died. She was played by the fat b**** with cancer in one of the Dexter season who said "Key Lime Pie" really annoyingly.

The slut from the Shield whom has Raylan's baby inside her is Raylan's ex-wife, who in season 1 was married to a fat turd, who left that fat turd in season 2 because of money and lying problems (women don't like their men losing money, and they don't like being lied to), in the end, she couldn't resist Raylan's meat.

Speaking of unable to resist Raylan's meat, Ava Crowder banged him for a bit in season 1. She was married to a Crowder, but not Boyd, prior to the series, and shot his ass. Boyd came to kill her in the first episode of the series and Raylan shot Boyd. Ava's basically a whore. Now she and Boyd are lovie dovie. Lots of Crowder stuff was in season 1.

I'm tired of typing. There's lots more characters and they're pretty much all intertwined. The old dude who was hanging out with the cripple from Friday Night Lights (not 6) is Raylan's dad. Also great s*** about him in seasons 1 and 2.

Read wikipedia for more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justified_(TV_series)#Main_cast

Watch seasons 1 & 2. Great show.

Edited by Steve9347

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 11:39 AM)
This would take

The slut from the Shield whom has Raylan's baby inside her is Raylan's ex-wife, who in season 1 was married to a fat turd, who left that fat turd in season 2 because of money and lying problems (women don't like their men losing money, and they don't like being lied to), in the end, she couldn't resist Raylan's meat.

Speaking of unable to resist Raylan's meat, Ava Crowder banged him for a bit in season 1. She was married to a Crowder, but not Boyd, prior to the series, and shot his ass. Boyd came to kill her in the first episode of the series and Raylan shot Boyd. Ava's basically a whore. Now she and Boyd are lovie dovie. Lots of Crowder stuff was in season 1.

I'm tired of typing. There's lots more characters and they're pretty much all intertwined. The old dude who was hanging out with the cripple from Friday Night Lights (not 6) is Raylan's dad. Also great s*** about him in seasons 1 and 2.

Read wikipedia for more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justified_(TV_series)#Main_cast

Watch seasons 1 & 2. Great show.

The girl from the Shield, was she the one with the dog? FX recycles actors so much its crazy. I enjoy how they keep blowing up Lem on stuff

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 11:11 PM)
Have I mentioned I love Justified?

I've been with it all along, and completely loved it, but they are taking it to a whole new level this year. It's breaking into the all-time ranks for me now.

Interestingly enough, the guy (Elmore Leonard) who wrote the books the show is based on likes Timothy Olyphant's portrayal of Raylan so much that he wrote a new book that's kind of an alternate-reality Harlan County creatively entitled "Raylan".

I illegally downloaded it for free to my Nook and am going to read it after this 'Justified' season ends.

http://www.amazon.com/Raylan-Novel-Elmore-...d/dp/006211946X

I actually screamed "BS" when they kicked Sarah off last night for what Vinny did. In the past, they have brought in new partners. I think they did it differently this time just to get new drama.

ALthought I have hated Banana more than him in the past...see ya, Wes. Leroy dominated his ass.

Anyone else watch Downton Abbey? Not sure why I decided to give it a try, probably the historic setting, but I ended up busting through the first season this week (360 minutes split into 4 episodes). I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a new show. Good acting, good writing and some interesting characters.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 2, 2012 -> 10:11 AM)
Anyone else watch Downton Abbey? Not sure why I decided to give it a try, probably the historic setting, but I ended up busting through the first season this week (360 minutes split into 4 episodes). I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a new show. Good acting, good writing and some interesting characters.

I've heard nothing but good things. May give it a shot.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 2, 2012 -> 09:39 AM)
Checked out the first two episodes of 'Workaholics' on Netflix last night. Pretty f***ing hilarious.

funniest show on tv right now, hope Blake recovers for the next season!

wait till the episode with Ders getting the promotion and the key to the executive bathroom......

BIKE LOCK!

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 2, 2012 -> 01:12 PM)
I've heard nothing but good things. May give it a shot.

I gave it a shot a week ago, but I couldn't get over the strong accents. Shows like Merlin and The Borgias and movies like Harry Potter don't bother me, but I for some reason I found it really strenuous to listen to them speak.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 2, 2012 -> 11:14 AM)
I actually screamed "BS" when they kicked Sarah off last night for what Vinny did. In the past, they have brought in new partners. I think they did it differently this time just to get new drama.

ALthought I have hated Banana more than him in the past...see ya, Wes. Leroy dominated his ass.

I hate when I can't watch on Wednesday night and have to avoid the TV thread for 24 hours.

Yeah, it did suck that Sarah got voted kicked off too. Maybe the whole "ex" thing kept them from finding another partner. My issue was that I saw Mandi's boobs the entire time before what Vinny did. What was the difference?

Good to see Wes straight up get his ass kicked. His partner stepped up and he got smoked. His ego needed that.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 2, 2012 -> 08:44 PM)
I hate when I can't watch on Wednesday night and have to avoid the TV thread for 24 hours.

Yeah, it did suck that Sarah got voted kicked off too. Maybe the whole "ex" thing kept them from finding another partner. My issue was that I saw Mandi's boobs the entire time before what Vinny did. What was the difference?

Good to see Wes straight up get his ass kicked. His partner stepped up and he got smoked. His ego needed that.

Wish he took it harder than when Cohutta beat him a few seasons ago. Actually was a good sport about it.