West Region

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 30, 2013 -> 09:00 PM)
Don't sleep on the valley. I guarantee WSU can keep it closer then 15.

Hell Illinois freaking state completely outplayed Louisville @ Louisville earlier this year. If it wasn't for a screw job at the end they would have beat them.

Adding to that, Northern Iowa only lossed to Louisville by 5 earlier this season.

Wichita St. has beat everyone fair and square this tournament. Not that Gonzaga deserved a #1 seed but the Zags probably would've won against Wichita St. had the Shockers not hit five 3 pointers in a row in a span of five minutes or so. Gonzaga lost to a better team last Saturday just like Ohio St. did today. That's why they play the game. It's a single elimination tournament which makes anything possible. If this was a best of 3 game series, good shot Ohio St. would've won the series.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Wichita State's defense, they did deal with several injuries during the season. Evansville beat them twice. Baker never played against them and Carl Hall missed one of the two games.

They only had 5 players play in all 38 games. They have 12 players who average at least 8 minutes/game.

Ron Baker missed 21 games

2nd leading scorer and leading rebounder Carl Hall missed 7

Starter Evan Wessel was lost for the season in late Dec

Others have missed fewer games or played hurt at times.

I still think they get pummeled by Louisville but I give them credit. I never thought they would beat OSU and was pretty surprised they handled Gonzaga.

Edited by Rex Hudler