Jose Abreu, Ryan Braun or Albert Pujols?

peppers312

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 02:18 PM)
Someone is in a home run pool.

I would guess Braun-Pujols-Abreu.

Abreu is completely untested, Braun is coming off a ped suspension so is likely to have power outage, take Pujols has yet reached expectations at the plate with the Angels. Give us more choices

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 03:31 PM)
I say this backwards

I think Pujols is healthy for the first time in two years and Braun may have stopped juicing, it has been said that his power is down. Can't remember which baseball guy tweeted it out, but said Braun is nowhere near where he was power wise.

i picked Braun. yes, this was for someone's HR Derby pool. i was just helping them out. these were the 3 write-in choices that i could think of that might potentially hit 30+ HRs this upcoming season. i think Braun is the safest choice. Pujols is coming off an injury and going on his 14th season. i looked at Steamer HR projections and got excited about Abreu. apparently they are very high on him and project that he might hit 34 HRs this season. but i think he'll hit between 25-30...honestly, i think all 3 of these guys will hit somewhere between 25-30 so it's kind of a wash.

thanks for those who gave me a real contribution!

I think Braun having a power outage after getting caught would be just as bad as the actual getting caught part- a double whammy. It still feels to me like a lot of people are chalking Pujols decline to age/injury instead of what is probably the actual reason- maybe another season of being unimpressive gets more people talking. Abreu is new to the MLB and is my favorite team's big offseason acquisition; naturally I'll be more guarded in my optimism when it comes to his HR total. Braun, followed by Pujols at or around 30.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft