Sox should trade loser user Sale

witesoxfan

It is incredibly disheartening, after the precedent that new Hall of Famer Frank Thomas set, to see a Sox star like Chris Sale using something like dihydrogen monoxide. The value is clearly at it's lowest right now, but indications point to players completely falling off after getting of the the stuff.

In today's age, most teams feel that you can enough output from the player after usage has stopped that they'll give up a decent price, so what do you think about sending him to the Cubs for Samardzija (plus others, obviously)? He's a righty, which is nice, plus he throws a lot of groundballs plus I really think he is a guy that Coop can really coach him up.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 08:36 AM)
It is incredibly disheartening, after the precedent that new Hall of Famer Frank Thomas set, to see a Sox star like Chris Sale using something like dihydrogen monoxide. The value is clearly at it's lowest right now, but indications point to players completely falling off after getting of the the stuff.

In today's age, most teams feel that you can enough output from the player after usage has stopped that they'll give up a decent price, so what do you think about sending him to the Cubs for Samardzija (plus others, obviously)? He's a righty, which is nice, plus he throws a lot of groundballs plus I really think he is a guy that Coop can really coach him up.

Yeah usually guys wash out once they are off DHMO. I think he would have never even made it to the majors without DHMO, too much injury risk with him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 08:59 AM)
Haven't done it, but I think you actually turn pale when you take in too much DHMO.

Come to think of it,Sale is pretty pale ....how long will the suspension be? 50 games?

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 07:50 AM)
Will the DHMO eventually make him Barry Bonds big?

BTW, did you see Bonds giving the MVP trophy to Cutch yesterday? Must have lost 50 lbs. - barely recognized, though it was Bobby.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 08:46 AM)
He probably is off the juice and he is a big bicycle rider now. That will slim you down fast.

Yep. And even the most skillful headhunter tribes couldn't shrink a skull that much.

This reminds me of a gag I did in high school with some friends. We made a fake petition warning of the usage of Dihydrogen Monoxide, stating how it has caused X amount of deaths per year, and that our school should ban it for safety purposes.

We got 15 teachers to sign the petition.

My senior year was complete at that point.