2014 FIFA World Cup

Blatter mentioned he'd like to see challenges. Well how about reviews of all fouls/hand balls that result in penalties inside the box. If the ref calls a foul/hand ball inside the box on the defending team, the ref looks at a replay or someone from the press box does to confirm there was a legit foul, not a dive.

But only for plays that are whistled by the ref. If there is a play that results in what appears to be a foul but the ref doesnt call it then no review and the game just continues.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 09:34 AM)
Mexico's World Cup begins today. Unfortunately for them, they don't have Graham Zusi available to bail them out again.

Fortunately for Team USA, when they end up with 0 points after group play, not a single f*ck will be given in the USA...

Let's talk s***, I'm bored :cheers

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 12:08 PM)
I will never understand why a US citizen would root for Mexico over the US.

You do realize there are Irish Americans that root for Ireland, Italian Americans for Italy, Croation Americans for Croatia and so on and so forth.

I don't come at you serious, we're cracking jokes, it doesn't really affect me wether Mexico wins or not really. I see you guys love making cracks about Mexico, I rarely speak up and when I do, seems that some can't take a little ribbing...

Anyways, Mexico should be up comfortably but these refs are making NBA refs look competant. FIFA needs to use technology like the rest of the world, effing dinosaurs.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 12:15 PM)
You do realize there are Irish Americans that root for Ireland, Italian Americans for Italy, Croation Americans for Croatia and so on and so forth.

I don't come at you serious, we're cracking jokes, it doesn't really affect wether Mexico wins or not really. I see you guys love taking cracks at Mexico, I rarely speak up and when I do, seems that some can't take a little ribbing...

Anyways, Mexico should be up comfortably but these refs are making NBA refs look competant. FIFA needs to use technology like the rest of the world, effing dinosaurs.

I'm Croatian. Root for Croatia. Root for America, the land of the mother f***ing free, first. Don't understand those who wouldn't.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 12:18 PM)
I'm Croatian. Root for Croatia. Root for America, the land of the mother f***ing free, first. Don't understand those who wouldn't.

Calm down, bruh. I know many Craotian Americans that ONLY root for Croatia. Go take it that up with them.

1-0 Mexico

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 12:24 PM)
Calm down, bruh. I know many Craotian Americans that ONLY root for Croatia. Go take it that up with them.

1-0 Mexico

I'm messing with you. Didn't know it was a sensitive subject. Mexico going to win in spite of the refs. Too bad, I'm rooting for total ref catastrophe to ruin FIFA.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 12:34 PM)
I'm messing with you. Didn't know it was a sensitive subject. Mexico going to win in spite of the refs. Too bad, I'm rooting for total ref catastrophe to ruin FIFA.

:cheers :drink

You better prepare thy anus for Croatia/Mexico.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

Refs evened it out by missing a handball in the box.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 11:48 AM)
Refs evened it out by missing a handball in the box.

On Marquez....guess they missed it or called it inadvertent?

I still have no idea what the call was on that corner kick where the possible 2nd goal could have been scored in the first half for Mexico...the first disallowed one was THIS close but a correct offsides call.

Neither one of these teams were very impressive, although the weather conditions were obviously terrible.

Cameroon has Samuel Eto'o and that's about it in terms of firepower.

Pretty nice play by the Mexican keeper on that deep header attempt at the left corner.

I still have no idea what the call was on that corner kick where the possible 2nd goal could have been scored in the first half for Mexico...the first disallowed one was THIS close but a correct offsides call.

Neither one of these teams were very impressive, although the weather conditions were obviously terrible.

Pretty nice play by the Mexican keeper on that deep header attempt at the left corner.

Inside the box, it doesn't matter if it's inadvertent, it's still a PK.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 02:23 PM)

I can only guess that the linesman thought it deflected off of a Mexican player.

The only way Ochoa doesnt make that save at the end is if his foot slips out from underneath him. Wasnt much power behind that header.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 01:31 PM)
I can only guess that the linesman thought it deflected off of a Mexican player.

The only way Ochoa doesnt make that save at the end is if his foot slips out from underneath him. Wasnt much power behind that header.

Croatian goalie disagrees