2014 FIFA World Cup

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point we just want Germany to keep pouring it on right? As goal differential could possibly be the difference between us and Portugal.

Yes, and if you're keeping track, Central Europe now leads the Iberian Peninsula 9-1.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 16, 2014 -> 11:39 AM)
Yes, and if you're keeping track, Central Europe now leads the Iberian Peninsula 9-1.

Unless you give Portugal 50% credit for Brazil, haha.

(Remembers amusing history lesson from one of the Fast & Furious movies, as told by Joaquim de Almeida, one of my all-time favorite character actors).

Unless you give Portugal 50% credit for Brazil, haha.

(Remembers amusing history lesson from one of the Fast & Furious movies, as told by Joaquim de Almeida, one of my all-time favorite character actors).

I guess using that rule then for the US England gets 30% credit, France 15%, and Spain 5%, or something like that?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 16, 2014 -> 12:24 PM)
https://twitter.com/TeyePrince/status/478588589845250048

Official. #GHA XI vs #USA: Kwarasey, Opare Kwadwo Asamoah, Jonathan Mensah, Boye, Rabiu, Atsu, Muntari, Jordan Ayew, Gyan and Andre Ayew.

Okay so Essien and Boateng out. Still half of the Ghanese (?) Players I've heard of are out for some reason.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 16, 2014 -> 02:12 PM)
Nigeria-Iran. You either have to be very, very, very into soccer or very, very, very bored at work to watch this one.

Bored at work. But yeah.

US: GK - Howard; D - F Johnson, Cameron, Besler*, Beasley; MF - Beckerman, J Jones, Dempsey, Bradley, Bedoya; F - Altidore

* - First ever appearance by an ND alum in the World Cup!

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 16, 2014 -> 11:57 PM)
Ghana had a great chance there to equalize at the end. Kind of whiffed on it (#13).

They've looked the better team for most of the half. Christian Atsu is the best player on the pitch for me. Wouldn't be surprised if USA grind it out for a 1-0 win though. I think Ghana are extremely lacking when it comes to end product.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 16, 2014 -> 06:04 PM)
They've looked the better team for most of the half. Christian Atsu is the best player on the pitch for me. Wouldn't be surprised if USA grind it out for a 1-0 win though. I think Ghana are extremely lacking when it comes to end product.

The US hasn't played well at all.