Padres' Outfielders

Y2Jimmy0

Now that the Padres have re-worked their entire roster, I was looking at it from a White Sox perspective. San Diego has acquired Wil Myers, Justin Upton, and Matt Kemp to revamp their starting OF. They have 5 more OF's on their roster as well. Do any of these players interest anyone as the final piece on the 2015 White Sox roster?

Alex Dickerson LH

Will Venable LH

Cameron Maybin RH

Rymer Liriano RH

Carlos Quentin RH

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 05:27 PM)
Now that the Padres have re-worked their entire roster, I was looking at it from a White Sox perspective. San Diego has acquired Wil Myers, Justin Upton, and Matt Kemp to revamp their starting OF. They have 5 more OF's on their roster as well. Do any of these players interest anyone as the final piece on the 2015 White Sox roster?

Alex Dickerson LH

Will Venable LH

Cameron Maybin RH

Rymer Liriano RH

Carlos Quentin RH

In order I would be interested in Venable, Liriano, Maybin.

Venable at this point in his career is probably a 4th OFer who can hit a little bit and plays pretty good defense.

Liriano is young and was once a top 100 prospect I believe. Maybe stash him in AAA, because I think there could be more than a 4th OFer in his future.

Maybin steals bases, and plays pretty good defense. He's pretty expensive and can't stay healthy though.

I think Venable is a lock to stay on that team. All 3 other outfielders are right handed and Venable can be a late inning replacement. Then they probably hold onto another if there is one able to play some outfield and a little infield, even first base. I think that guy is Dickerson, especially if Alonso struggles again. Quentin seems like a guy who will probably get dfa'd by the end of camp. Liriano will be in the minors and probably play next year in the majors when Upton leaves. Maybin and Quentin are probably the ones ths will get traded or dfa'd.

Edited by soxfan2014