2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 11:29 AM)
pls remember everyone is still innocents until.... well until they are not, according to the law of the land.

fans are come to a decision rather quickly.

i am being a stick in a mud, well b/c he is a hawk and b/c the off season is screwed up by the fiasco a the trading deadline.

Patrick Kane has dug his own grave in the court of public opinion with his history of stupidity off of the ice. In a case like this, there usually isn't much hard evidence to come out, so waiting for that moment of clarity will probably never happen.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 06:24 PM)
Patrick Kane has dug his own grave in the court of public opinion with his history of stupidity off of the ice. In a case like this, there usually isn't much hard evidence to come out, so waiting for that moment of clarity will probably never happen.

yeah you are prob right in this. i am trying to go that extra mile not to form any opinion.

on a side note, do you think he will be put on administrative leave pending legal investigation?

if the hawks doesn't fix the salary cap now, they can use the AL as a temp fix, sign kuger and trade whom ever.

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 12:42 PM)
yeah you are prob right in this. i am trying to go that extra mile not to form any opinion.

on a side note, do you think he will be put on administrative leave pending legal investigation?

if the hawks doesn't fix the salary cap now, they can use the AL as a temp fix, sign kuger and trade whom ever.

I am not nearly jaded enough to try to figure out what the salary cap implications of a Patrick Kane rape suspension are. First and foremost is trying to figure out if a crime was committed.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 05:44 PM)
I am not nearly jaded enough to try to figure out what the salary cap implications of a Patrick Kane rape suspension are. First and foremost is trying to figure out if a crime was committed.

one doesn't need to be jaded, this whole process is in the hands of the law enforcement agency, and the world continues to spin.

the hawks have a problem on top of Kane crap. does that mean the hawks stop their course of business???

so the hawks have a problem starting in at least 30 days, when the camp opens up. aug 20's + /- the preseason games start and are the hawks have their roster close to being filled.

then there the Kane issue, is he going to be with the team??? will he be able to travel b/c of this hanging over this head???

so again, time does not stop.

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 12:58 PM)
one doesn't need to be jaded, this whole process is in the hands of the law enforcement agency, and the world continues to spin.

the hawks have a problem on top of Kane crap. does that mean the hawks stop their course of business???

so the hawks have a problem starting in at least 30 days, when the camp opens up. aug 20's + /- the preseason games start and are the hawks have their roster close to being filled.

then there the Kane issue, is he going to be with the team??? will he be able to travel b/c of this hanging over this head???

so again, time does not stop.

The people in the business can worry about it, but seeing as my paycheck isn't written by the Hawks, I won't.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 11:08 AM)
The people in the business can worry about it, but seeing as my paycheck isn't written by the Hawks, I won't.

So what's your excuse for concerning yourself with the rape investigation? My guess is the people in law enforcement are worrying about that.

;)

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 01:20 PM)
So what's your excuse for concerning yourself with the rape investigation? My guess is the people in law enforcement are worrying about that.

;)

I am also not engaged in trying to figure out the details for the investigation.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 07:08 PM)

it is kinda of ironic that if you are not a hawks fan, why are you posting on something concerning the black hawks, a chi team.

and on top of that, you are interjecting on a legal matter that as a person, no one knows what is going on, except for the legal world, unless you are doing this a a troll would.

not that i am calling you one. the actions you are stating is.

and to boot, you are not trying to figure out the legal stuff and yet you are talking about it.

a strange reasoning here. ummmmm

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 11:31 AM)
I think all that ss2k5 is saying is that worrying about the impact on the salary cap of a sports team of an ongoing rape investigation is a little callous.

Which I call BS on, to be frank.

The impact on the salary cap of a sports team will have a much larger impact on his life than anything else related to this story.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 01:35 PM)
Which I call BS on, to be frank.

The impact on the salary cap of a sports team will have a much larger impact on his life than the impact of the rape of this woman will have on his life.

Who cares. For myself, if I ever get to the point where I care about salary cap implications more than a rape, I have failed myself. The allegations are what they are, but I have no interest in taking that and trying to turn it into how does this hurt/benefit my team.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 11:38 AM)
Who cares. For myself, if I ever get to the point where I care about salary cap implications more than a rape, I have failed myself. The allegations are what they are, but I have no interest in taking that and trying to turn it into how does this hurt/benefit my team.

Bulls***.

I'm sure you spend your evenings concerning yourself with all the other rapes occurring in NY on a daily basis.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 07:31 PM)
I think all that ss2k5 is saying is that worrying about the impact on the salary cap of a sports team of an ongoing rape investigation is a little callous.

get real, the running of the team is important. things that neither the fans nor the hawks org can control is what matters.

again, as i stated several times, the world goes on. the legal matters is Kane personal business.

being callous, just to acknowledge there is a incident and respecting the due process of the law???

do you really know what you are talking about

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 07:38 PM)

and what can you do about the rape case???

what about a thing called privacy???

how bout let the police and the legal teams tell what is happening in due time???

there is nothing that can come from this from a FAN pov.

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 01:50 PM)
get real, the running of the team is important. things that neither the fans nor the hawks org can control is what matters.

again, as i stated several times, the world goes on. the legal matters is Kane personal business.

being callous, just to acknowledge there is a incident and respecting the due process of the law???

do you really know what you are talking about

How is trying if Patrick Kane will be suspended, and what the salary cap implications are (including who the Hawks could resign if so) "respecting the due process of the law" and staying out of Kane's "personal business"?

You have no idea what you are talking about here.

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)
and what can you do about the rape case???

what about a thing called privacy???

how bout let the police and the legal teams tell what is happening in due time???

there is nothing that can come from this from a FAN pov.

You've gone off of the deep end as well.

What in the world is in your head right now? Where in the world are you getting the idea that anyone but you is violating privacy by speculating about Kane's salary cap status and potential suspension.

I am the one saying I won't speculate, aka letting the process work. You are the one making up scenarios and posting about them, aka speculating.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 07:55 PM)
How is trying if Patrick Kane will be suspended, and what the salary cap implications are (including the who Hawks could resign if so) "respecting the due process of the law" and staying out of Kane's "personal business"?

You have no idea what you are talking about here.

show me where i said resign???

does the hawks as an org have some problems now concerning salary cap issues???

the next step of the law and kane can affect how the hawks needs to go forward. like he can't leave the state.

so again, the business of hockey still needs to go on, the hawks still has holes and now a major hole to possibly look at, worst case scenario.

i have a idea of what i am saying and talking about

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 06:24 PM)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 07:38 PM)

now, this all affect with the running of the 2015-2016 nhl season, and with as fans i like to know how the hawks are going to fix the salary cap issue and i am not talking about his personal lifem, except you.

unless you are trying to get people to post.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 07:57 PM)
You've gone off of the deep end as well.

What in the world is in your head right now? Where in the world are you getting the idea that anyone but you is violating privacy by speculating about Kane's salary cap status and potential suspension.

I am the one saying I won't speculate, aka letting the process work. You are the one making up scenarios and posting about them, aka speculating.

i am just stating a fact. it is his own personal business....

how am i violating his privacy act.... do you even know what you are talking about??? b/c you are digging up 2 different situation and definition to justify your comment.

and ref to the bold, no you are not, you have been doing the one sentence comment

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 12:42 PM)

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 02:03 PM)
show me where i said resign???

does the hawks as an org have some problems now concerning salary cap issues???

the next step of the law and kane can affect how the hawks needs to go forward. like he can't leave the state.

so again, the business of hockey still needs to go on, the hawks still has holes and now a major hole to possibly look at, worst case scenario.

i have a idea of what i am saying and talking about

now, this all affect with the running of the 2015-2016 nhl season, and with as fans i like to know how the hawks are going to fix the salary cap issue and i am not talking about his personal lifem, except you.

unless you are trying to get people to post.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 11:49 AM)
You've gone off of the deep end.

No, I'm just more honest than you guys.

If we are really going to talk about how this might impact us all, however it impacts Kane's career and the Blackhawks is *the only* impact it will have upon us.