2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 08:41 AM)
How dare anyone not appreciate terrible rape jokes about an ongoing tape investigation

How dare anyone have a sense of humor in a world where humans do this nonsense to each other en masse every.single.day.

If we got upset about every rape occurring by people we don't know, we'd be nothing but upset our entire lives.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 10:41 AM)
How dare anyone not appreciate terrible rape jokes about an ongoing tape investigation

How dare anyone convict someone without a fair trial. Have you sent your apologies to the Duke Lacrosse team yet. A nice card, some flowers, maybe a hey I am sorry I got that one wrong.

One thing that Kane's people have done so far is not start a smear campaign against the accuser, at least not yet. If you're in the right, take the high road and let the facts present themselves

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 01:35 PM)
One thing that Kane's people have done so far is not start a smear campaign against the accuser, at least not yet. If you're in the right, take the high road and let the facts present themselves

Well except for the bar owner

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 01:35 PM)

He does not need to. He has fans doing it for him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 04:16 PM)
Well except for the bar owner

The bar owner, if we assume he's being honest (and, I mean, maybe he isn't) just says he saw a girl clinging to Patrick at the bar. Plausible stuff. He even makes a point to say that his viewpoint isn't very useful considering where the crime is alleged to have taken place.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 05:44 PM)
The bar owner, if we assume he's being honest (and, I mean, maybe he isn't) just says he saw a girl clinging to Patrick at the bar. Plausible stuff. He even makes a point to say that his viewpoint isn't very useful considering where the crime is alleged to have taken place.

I get what you are saying, but his comments read as 100% victim shaming IMO. Maybe it was the way the paper reported them, maybe it was him protecting his investment, I don't know, but couldn't help but think that.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 05:44 PM)

If I was the paper, I'm not sure I'd have given so much text to someone who, while interesting in that he was around parties prior in night, was not even sure if his observations were regarding the correct person.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 08:19 PM)
I get what you are saying, but his comments read as 100% victim shaming IMO. Maybe it was the way the paper reported them, maybe it was him protecting his investment, I don't know, but couldn't help but think that.

What is interesting is Kane's attorney, the same guy who repped him when he beat the cab driver over 20 cents, was supposedly in the same bar on Saturday with his wife.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)
Is it odd that the accuser hired a lawyer already?

Not at all. This is going to be a very public case and with the internet, unfortunately someone will probably out her, it would be odd if she didn't.

Also, she'll probably file a civil case so she'll obviously need representation for that.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 11:35 AM)
Is her father representing her? Apparently he is an attorney.

I hadn't heard that, I would be surprised if he did, this will get ugly and would be very difficult for him to separate his role as her father and his duty as an attorney.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 04:47 PM)
I hadn't heard that, I would be surprised if he did, this will get ugly and would be very difficult for him to separate his role as her father and his duty as an attorney.

that is a great point. can't imagine her cross examine and when they start asking about her past sexual encounters.