**2016 Video Game Thread**

ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 12:16 PM)
Firewatch was great, only halfway through Inside but also a quality game. Definitely good recommendations. Just downloaded Virigna for $4.50 the other night and plan to give that a go next.

Curious what you end up thinking about Virginia. I don't know what I think of it. It's enjoyable, but very weird. It's not particularly fun, but it is something captivating. I've read some people loved it and some really didn't like it. It's something different at least.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 05:47 PM)
MafiaIII is pretty damn good. Lives up really well to the Mafia name. Loving it so far. Also, playstation is having their end of year sale. MLB The Show for 11 bucks.

Awesome story and setting, just needed work on AI and some mechanics on gameplay. I'm in a baseball fever right now with my MLB The Show franchise, but once that and Planet Coaster bore me, I'll go back and finish Mafia 3.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 10:34 PM)
Interesting. I'll have to see how long it is in terms of hours. If it's great but only 6-7 hours, I can't imagine spending $60 on it. But if it's 20-30 hours, I may. And I assume it's linear as well, no open world.

The single player is linear, yes. I've put 3 hours into it and haven't even finished the first part of the first 4 part soteyiline. There are six storylines.

I also am not very good, but that is another story haha

I wouldn't buy battlefield just for campaign storyline. I got through it pretty quickly and I'm not good at videogames.

I like battefield, I do, but man, as someone that only gets 1-2 hr stints to play video games it just seems like all battlefield is is watching a loading screen for an hour, then 10 minutes of game play, then 20 minutes of waiting for next game to start, then 10 minutes of gameplay, etc