Lee for Podsednik/Ginter?

R.J.

Talks with the Giants haven't gone well, so the Brewers are now discussing Scott Podsednik with the White Sox.

The teams might be discussing trading Podsenik and Keith Ginter for Carlos Lee. The Brewers have room in their budget and they could use a power-hitting outfielder. We don't think the White Sox should be trading for Podsednik when they have a superior center fielder in Aaron Rowand, but they like the idea of adding a leadoff hitter. Dec. 13 - 3:42 am et

Maybe it's me, but that would be a disgusting trade. Unless it allows us to sign some explosive pitcher/shortstop, which I don't see how.

This won't happen until after Dec. 20 in my mind, because the Sox will want to see which players will be non - tendered like Alex Cora. But I definitely don't like the trade, and I think we should look to the Marlins for Juan Pierre or Luis Castillo instead.

:puke This would be a flat out awful trade and I'm in the minority here and actually like Pods. The only way the sox should be talking with the brewers about carlos is if sheet is available. Most likely Ben won't be availabe so kenny should just move on to a different team.

It sounds like the MIL writer is projecting who they'd like from the sox, as the sox have shown interest in Podsednik. They want a power hitting corner OF, and Lee is their choice, not the Sox. Throwing in Ginter wouldn't add much either.

What seems certain is the giants and the sox have shown interest in Podsednik, which is smart for the sox, IMO. Would any sox players fit for them, that the sox could do w/o? Everett, whose $4 mill contract seems like a bargain. A straight swap might be enough. Another option could be Borchard, a proven bullpen arm [as Kolb is gone] like Jon Adkins and a prospect.

Lee could be moved. But for far more than what MIL has or seems willing to give up

can someone give me contrace info for pod and ginter

Podsednik made $400,000 last season. But he will make $1,380,000 in the next 2 seasons until 2006.

Ginter is signed for $640,000 (the same amount he made this season) for the next 2 seasons also.

The real problem with this deal is Posednik sucks ass.

He had one fluke season in the majors like a year ago which he will never come close to repeating and suddenly these GM's are creaming their pants over him.

His numbers last year were really what he will do.

We would have two years of a guy hitting .240 if we can even though that.

Why don't we just put Jose Valentin in the leadoff spot then?

Just say NO!

yeah that would be pretty retarded..... I dont think that one is gonna happen unless they throw Ben Sheets in along with him.

DING! DING! DING!

If we are getting Posednik and Ginter, the most we give up is Garland and a prospect who is not that highly touted.

If we give up Carlos Lee, we better be getting Sheets and Pod. If we have to throw something else in, fine.

Maybe it's me, but that would be a disgusting trade. Unless it allows us to sign some explosive pitcher/shortstop, which I don't see how.

It would free up about $6 million in payroll. And for those of you saying Lee for Sheets, come on. Lee alone isn't worth Sheets.

His numbers last year were really what he will do.

We would have two years of a guy hitting .240 if we can even though that.

:huh

1st sentence ... Just a guess on your part, maybe?

2nd sentence ... Huh?

If we are giving up Lee, then Sheets has to be apart of that deal. You don't give up your best hitting power OF for Spod and a utilty inf.

Here is a deal we could live with

Juan Piere and Mike Lowell

Lee and Pauly

Then Sign Delgado to play 1st, and should have enough free money to p/u a starter.

If we are giving up Lee, then Sheets has to be apart of that deal. You don't give up your best hitting power OF for Spod and a utilty inf.

Here is a deal we could live with

Juan Piere and Mike Lowell

Lee and Pauly

Then Sign Delgado to play 1st, and should have enough free money to p/u a starter.

What do you do with Joe Crede?

Florida takes on salary in that deal, they're having enough payroll problems as it is. And Delgado ain't gonna come for less than about $12 mil, so that ain't gonna happen. If we free up some payroll, we're goin to sign a starter.